What's new

NYPD Blue 2/25/03 (1 Viewer)

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
Hmmm.. Not to be a prude, but I think they're getting a little too "push-the-envelope" happy. They could have set that scene up alot less gratuitously.. Geez, I sound like a square. :b

I was thinking for a while that woman who got that $100 stolen was grifting THEM when they all pony up the money for her at the end there. But then, that would have been alot of work for a lousy 100 bucks, split 50-50 with the "room-mate" :)

Rob T

Screenwriter
When that woman who lost her $100 was tearing that guy apart, I was almost sure she'd wipe out a gun and kill him.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
What's funny is in the last shot when Theo is looking right at her (before she covers up), his ears are covering her nipples. (I actually hit Instant Replay on the ReplayTV several times to make sure.) I wonder if that boy had his eyes closed during that shot or what?

I also thought the woman might shoot Julian.

//Ken

Darren D

Stunt Coordinator
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
Excuse me a moment...

VicRuiz

Second Unit
Line of the night:

Connie: "Is Theo allright?"
Andy: "He's fine. I just dropped him off at Hooters. He insisted.". :D

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
I was shocked also. In a good way. I was sure that they would show the nudity the same way they did in the previews and not the gratuitous way they did on the actual show. Charlotte Ross is fine the way she is. Now that is a woman!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

P.S. Also a pretty good Blue last night.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I logged on to the HTF today, just knowing that there would be a topic thread on this! :laugh:

I, too, thought the ears coverup was hilarious. Poor kid had to stand there all day looking at Connie to get the right camera angle.

All in all, very nice!

Dwight Amato

Stunt Coordinator
What's funny is in the last shot when Theo is looking right at her (before she covers up), his ears are covering her nipples. (I actually hit Instant Replay on the ReplayTV several times to make sure.) I wonder if that boy had his eyes closed during that shot or what?
I did the EXACT same thing. I told my wife, "I think they showed nipples!" so I hit rewind on the good old ReplayTV and saw that it was just his ears. I wonder how long it took to frame that shot!?!?

RobertW

Supporting Actor
Line of the night:

Connie: "Is Theo allright?"
Andy: "He's fine. I just dropped him off at Hooters. He insisted.".
and the best thing about it was the look on bill brochtrup's face in the background after that. he was cracking up.

excellent opening scene! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

i actually thought the lady was grifting them to get their business cards they gave her, and then was using those to present herself as a police officer to hunt down the drunk who killed her son.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Funny situation: a child actor envied by millions of men all over America! :laugh: Too bad his ears stick out like that. ;)

Rob

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
Hmm.. That's an interesting tack, Robert.. More plausible than just the 100 bucks... But I don't think anyone asks cops for their business cards over their badges. :)

I still don't think what they're doing with nudity on the show is right. Alot of kids are still watching TV at 10pm, and in Canada if you've got a dish you get it at 8pm.

Swearing I can see, as it pertains to the reality and grit of police work, and life in general. But the nudity is unneccesary, just blatent ratings-grabbing.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
yes, it was purely there for gratuitous reasons. they could have got the same effect without having to show it that explicitly.

not that i mind though. :D

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
Yeah, I know I sound rightous, etc. And I may be married, but I'm not dead! :)

I just can't believe what they're getting away with these days.. And I can't help but think it was a better time when you could watch tv with your family and not feel dirty and uncomfortable..

It was a good episode, though. I kinda thought something was going on with Clarke's dad. Poor bastard..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks