What's new

NSP1 w/ Denon 1802 80hz Xover??? (1 Viewer)

Max Zo

Auditioning
I just recently bought the NSP1 speaker package. I was planning on buying a Sony sub and Denon 1802 finish off my HT. However the 1802 Xover is set for 80hz. By looking at the performance chart, 100hz looks to better suited for the NSP1. Decibels decrease sharply at 100hz. Will this be a big factor? Should I get another receiver w/ adjustable Xover?

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Out of curiosity... Have you checked the phase on your subwoofer? If the sub is out of phase with the speakers, it can cancel out frequencies in the crossover range.
As for getting rid of the receiver in favor of one with an adjustable crossover, I'd say it'd probably be better in the long run to get some better speakers than the NSP1's. Even with a 100hz crossover, your speakers would need to be capable of going down to at least 60hz (since the crossover point is not a brick wall -- your speaker still needs to produce sound about two octaves below the crossover point).

Jo_M

Stunt Coordinator
I have the 1802 and I was wondering about the 80Hz crossover. To me an adjustable one seems better but is it worth the extra money to get the 2802? Should I still be looking at speakers with low freq response if anything under 80hz gets sent to the sub? My feeling is that any speakers that have a 40hz-20khz response should be set to large to use some of that bass. Maybe I'm completly wrong.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks