What's new

Now there are two versions of Prince of Egypt DTS??? (1 Viewer)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I was in Best Buy tonight, and due to a brief influx of toy money this month (thanks Uncle Sam!), I decided to finally replace my original Prince of Egypt with the DTS version. Upon arriving, I found Prince of Egypt, only with new artwork (Dreamworks did this with all of their animated/family titles it would appear, as I saw Antz had been given a makeover as well). The weird thing was, even though this had the DTS logo on the spine and the security sticker at the top read "Prince of Egypt DTS", it listed a Dolby Digital 5.1 track as well as the DTS and Dolby Surround 2.0 tracks. I know the original DTS release (which I found later and snagged) was full bitrate DTS, and made no mention of a Dolby 5.1 track. Have they sliced the DTS bitrate to accomodate the Dolby Digital 5.1 track on this new release/reissue? Just to be safe I snagged the copy of the original DTS release I found, but I'm curious if the new version is still full DTS bitrate, as it still lists all the same features.

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
It's most likely a labelling mistake. When I bought the new packaged Antz (DTS), it also listed DD5.1 as well as all the extras on the back. Upon opening the case, I find the exact same DTS-only disc inside. I'm guessing they made the same mistake for Prince of Egypt.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just popped in both of these to check. both are the new art versions.

first prince of egypt does have all the sup material from the first dts and DD release. as previously both of those versions also contained all the same sup material.

the only error on the back of the box is that it includes a english 5.1 surround. it does not. only 5.1 dts and pro-logic.
as for antz. the back of the box i have only says dts 5.1 and pro-logic, which is referred to as dolby surround, same as on the antz.
it does not list any sups at all.

pretty blurry but you can still see i tink...

http://www.theforumisdown.com/upload...03/255644e.jpg

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
they probably released some fixed packaging then. Cuz I was so confused about Antz and I also made threads here about it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks