What's new

NoVA Meet Possibilities? (1 Viewer)

Last summer Greg Shanes of Richmond hosted a meet. Several people attended. And it was good.
I have since moved to Fredericksburg and I am contemplating a meet in August. I'm just trying to gauge interest at this time.
So - anybody interested in getting together? I now have a system that I'm not ashamed of, and my own house, so...
I'm thinking about enjoying good food, beverage, conversation, and movies. Ooh - it's starting to sound like a bad personal ad so I'll stop now.
You can email me direct at [email protected].
(BTW - I AM happily married and have NO experience whatsoever with bad personal ads!!):D

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Phil Hamm had one back in January, which was pretty successful, so it has been done.

I'd like to do one myself, but I need to find the time to do it...

Jason

Excellent! Glad to see that some people are responding. I'll definitely start doing some legwork towards this.

If we do this in August, there is the possibility of a prerelease movie to screen, or those that are interested could stay and watch LOTR which will be out around then.

My deck(s) are capable of around 20 people being over - however my Home Theater Room is designed for 6 to 8 people (seating wise) - we can always cram more in here as needed!

I'll be asking questions for proper setup of this, and if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to respond!

John

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Looking forward to this John. I'm kinda familiar with the fredricksburg area since my mother-in-law lives down in that vicinity.

Jeff

Paul Seward

Agent
I'm in. Just let me know when and where. It will be good to see everyone again from last years meet at Gregs.

paul

Michael M.

Auditioning
Me too.

I grew up in Herndon/Reston, but I doubt I could find my way around now! (I was living up there before the westbound Dulles toll road had any exits ... only on-ramps! You had to go to the airport and turn around.)

Allright - things are somewhat coming together. I'd like to ask for feedback on an October 5th date. This is a month from now - so it shouldn't be too short of notice. I would like to get any specific requests for the meet from you, as well as an estimation of attendance. Wives, children, etc. are welcome - I have three young boys who will be running around during the day, and my wife is really supportive of my hobby as well.
Preliminarily, I am thinking of 3PM until ??? With the grilling to commence at about 4:30. I definitely would encourage anyone to bring swap items - DVDs in particular. Any Klipsch fans? I have a buddy bringing over a pair of LaScalla speakers that have seen less than 100 hours of use! They may be for sale if anyone is interested.
Beyond this, I could use any advice/support on how to pull this together. I don't have any contacts to arrange for freebie/giveaways - can anyone else help with that? I'm just thinking about people getting together to hang out and discuss life (and movies)!
Please email me and let me know.
Thanks,
John
[email protected]

Chris Lana

Grip
John,

Why don't you contact Phil Hamm--he lives in Centerville and hosted meets the past three Januarys. I missed the 02 meet as I was (sadly) moving from NVA. They covered accessories through hardware. Got the idea of mattes from him--invaluable. BTW, he's a former HTF moderator...

Let me know if you need anything else.

Chris

OK - I realize that I'm late in posting this, and for that I'm sorry. Out of the 15 or so people that I sent a personal email to in regards of this event and this date, Only one responded in the affirmative that this time worked for them. Therefore, I guess it's kind of obvious that we need to postpone this until a later date that works for more people. Feel free to email me with any questions.
John
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.