What's new

Pre-Order Nothing Sacred (1937) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (2 Viewers)

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Re-reading my response above, it's actually irrelevant for me to bring in Mrs. Kalmus, as I haven't seen the new Blu-Ray of NOTHING SACRED yet, and it may indeed be too dark. Perhaps Mr. Harris, who has seen both the new Blu-Ray and original 3-strip Technicolor nitrate prints, would like to comment on this.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Re-reading my response above, it's actually irrelevant for me to bring in Mrs. Kalmus, as I haven't seen the new Blu-Ray of NOTHING SACRED yet, and it may indeed be too dark. Perhaps Mr. Harris, who has seen both the new Blu-Ray and original 3-strip Technicolor nitrate prints, would like to comment on this.

For Mrs. Kalmus, you might need an Ouija board.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

Very different. I’ll post a typical frame from the era.

CarlosMeat

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
I watched it last night. It has many instances where it is just beautiful ; clean, fine grain, beautiful even and nicely saturated color others where it has some of the worst Technicolor registration errors I've ever seen. Some shots the grain is incredibly obtrusive and color balance issues abound but not consistently. An example is a brown suit will be purple and then brown etc .

This was actually my first time seeing this film it was a lot of fun I laughed out loud quite a few times.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I watched it last night. It has many instances where it is just beautiful ; clean, fine grain, beautiful even and nicely saturated color others where it has some of the worst Technicolor registration errors I've ever seen. Some shots the grain is incredibly obtrusive and color balance issues abound but not consistently. An example is a brown suit will be purple and then brown etc .

This was actually my first time seeing this film it was a lot of fun I laughed out loud quite a few times.

Looks, to me, as if the masters were improperly processed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks