What's new

No T4? (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I don't think there should be a T4. A lot of people think that T3 strecthing it (kindly put, of course). I think that T3 finished up the story pretty well, and on an interesting twist, no less. It seems the story is finished.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
No, I'd still like to see how he rose to power, and as we have all seen the 'clips' from the future, it might be interesting to play the whole thing out.

It wouldn't be hard for more Terminators to show up in Ep. 4 either.

As for POTA, they went downhill when they changed the lead. A wait of four year until Arnold gets out of office wouldn't be bad at all.

Glenn

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
I don't understand why people are so dissapointed in arnold being attached to the project. Do you really want another terminator film with him going back in time to save john connor?. I mean how much longer can John Connor not defend himself. He is becoming an Adult and he is sopposed to be this prominent leader but yet he can't even defend himself in a fourth terminator film?. The only way a terminator 4 would work if it took place in the future war and they showed how they came about to defeat the terminators. It should also show how they send the terminators back in time for the first three movies. This is where I think Arnold Schwarzenegger could make his cameo as the terminator being reprogrammed to to be sent back in time for the second movie as well as another terminator being programmed to kill john connor in the future war and the claire danes characther taking over. There could also be a cameo for Michael Biehn where he is sent back for the first movie. This is the only way I could see a terminator 4 working if it was set in the future and it tied together the first three movies. This would also be a good end to the series. I just wanted to let those people who think the second film ended the series. Well that wasn't really the case as they didn't destroy the arm that got caught in the gears in the malten steal factory so this is why a terminator 3 had to happen.

-Mike

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
As for POTA, they went downhill when they changed the lead.
Don't quite get this. The only changes were Brent for Taylor in Beneath, but that was because he was on a rescue mission. And also in Beneath a different actor played Cornelius, because Roddy McDowall was not available, but Cornelius' role was small in that one anyway.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i thought the POTA films were enormously creative, and i respect them for not simply being a rehash of the previous one(s).

i for one would really dig seeing Danes and Stahl come out of that bunker and finding...?
and then the struggle to build some kind of society out of what is left.
and John conner learning by trial and error what it takes to be a leader in this new world
you don't even need a lot of complex and expensive action set pieces- it's the ideas and the execution.

and i don't really care if its 'not a terminator movie'.
just give me an interesting sci fi story well told (the last two matrix films failed in these areas for me, substituting intellectually pretentious for interesting, and bombastic for well told).

the lack of imagination on display in this thread (apart from Moe and a couple others) is disheartening.
so what if it doesn't have Arnold.
there's a rich set-up in T3 that would be perfect to exploit.
i was certain T3 would blow, but i actually enjoyed the hell out of it.
i'm up for 4 now.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
The lead in POTA was Charlton Heston, and in the sequels it was James Franciscus. I was so bummed out I left.

Glenn

Glen C

Stunt Coordinator
heston refused a POTA sequel unless
his character died. he wanted it in the very beginning but was talked into having a small role where his character dies at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks