No T4?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Nelson Au, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

At the risk of treading on politcal issues here, it looks like Arnold won the race for Governor of California. ( If this is inappropriate, admins please remove this post at your descretion. )

So unless he already filmed his parts for T4, it looks like he's going to be out of movies for a while. At least till 2006 if I'm correct.

I guess Arnold felt is was more important to him to do this then make more movies. With his action film career in a sort of decline, it looks like a smart move for him. Go out on a high.

Nelson

edit-saw speculation on Yahoo that if Arnold wins, they would do T4 without him. Makes sense, but it won't be the same. Maybe a CGI Terminator.

2. Tony_Ramos

Tony_Ramos Second Unit

the potential is there to do a T4, but i doubtit would happen, at least, it would take place in the future during the war with the machines, and it would go against the whole grain and tone of the films. basically, it wouldn't be much different than reign of fire, a few hereos in a wasteland going after a big baddie (though i'm sure it would be done much better than that film).

basically, i doubt T4 would be made even if arnold hadn't won, but techni cally he's not needed for a sequel. i personally don't care if we get a T4 or not b/c I think it would be a bad film, and the Matrix films already explore the science fiction themes and imagery of the Terminator universe and goes way beyond it.

3. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Arnold had already said he didn't want to do T4 because he's getting too old. He didn't want to have Terminator in a wheelchair.

4. WillG

WillG Producer

You know, A lot of people said the ending on T3 begs for a sequel, but it seemed to me that the story was pretty much complete after T3

5. Chris Atkins

Chris Atkins Producer

6. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

[​IMG]

Yeah, because they've basically stated that things can never really change, just be altered slightly, the only thing we haven't explicitly seen is the loss of the war by Skynet, but that would just be a string of the future sequences in a row and not particularly challenging. Plus, there wouldn't be much need for any time travelling so it wouldn't even fit in among the other films.

T1 - Terminator revealed and Sarah Survives
    T2 - New Terminator and Sarah tries to change the future
    T3 - New Terminator and John tries to change the future but discovers he can't

7. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Hey, bring back a new Terminator with somebody like "The Rock" playing him and show us the actual battle between mankind and the machines.

Crawdaddy

8. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

They would have to come up with something really interesting to do a T4. But, you also have to consider that when you include international grosses and future DVD funds, it will probably make a fortune, which all but guarantees another sequel.

I agree though, it seems at this point that it would be nothing more than a generic robot war movie, but maybe they have some fresh ideas. I was so pleased with the way T3 ended, I would be happy just stopping there, because we've proven you can't change the future, and we know skynet loses eventually.

With all that said, I'd probably be in line for T4 when it opened. I think it will probably go ahead without Arnold.

9. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

10. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

Well, we don't know what happens after EVERYTHING.

We know that John Connor and his rebels defeated the machines. We also know that at the last minute the machines sent a Terminator back to kill Sarah. John retaliated by sending Reese back to save Sarah, and so the machines sent the T-1000 back to kill John himself...

After John sends the re-programmed Terminator back to stop the T-1000, the machines just send a Terminator to John and it kills him. They then send a hot blonde chick back to kill John's wife and the rest of commanding officers.

John's wife re-programs her husband's killer and sends HIM back to save herself.

So at that point (in the future time) she's by herself, there's now a rebel faction of machines, and the humans need to start over.

So, what happens?

11. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Robert,
    perhaps I missed something, but My take was that the war was won and the only thing I could surmise was that they would rebuild. The only thing new I learned in T3 was that a last ditch effort on the part of the machines actually suceeded in killing John Connor. But his wife was able to take up the call and save everything.

12. JoshGroetsema

When Nick Stahl and other stars signed on to do T3, they also signed on to a potential T4. Movie executives have also said that T4 will go ahead with or without Arnold. So a T4 will happen in the near future (2006?) but whether or not Arnold will be in it is anybody's guess.

13. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

Alex,

Yes, but...
    ...if the machines sent back the hot chick, and John's wife sent back Arnold, doesn't that mean that there's still some obstacles in the future time? I think that would mean that the machines haven't been conquered entirely.

I think there could be some more to the story after she sends Arnold back...

14. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Of course, they could could always start filming T4 early next year with Gray Davis.

Glenn

15. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

No,
    The machine could have, and probably did, send back the Terminatrix before John was killed and his wife sent another Terminator. Their coup of killing John in the future was likely one of their last acts. The way the timeline seems to have been set up, the human sent time travelers (Reese, T2 T-800, T3 T-800) were all sent back after the machines had been defeated. Kyle and the first T-800 when John is still alive and the second T-800 after he dies. But there isn't anything to suggest that a threat still exists, especially after they put a nail in the coffin of the 'future is not set' concept with T3.

16. Brenton

Brenton Screenwriter

[​IMG]

17. Bob_C

Bob_C Agent

Forget about T4.... Now there definitely will be no King Conan[​IMG] I was looking forward to that one.

18. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

19. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

20. David Rogers

David Rogers Supporting Actor

I haven't heard anything good about T3. The key phrases were "silly" and "unoriginal". I remember several comments about forced humor.

Is it such a loss? Arnie hasn't made a good movie since his last one with Cameron (True Lies). Not really much of a loss to movie fans that Arnold is behind a desk now.