What's new

No sound, left channel, Direct TV (1 Viewer)

Ryan_SD

Auditioning
I setup my new stereo and am not getting any sound out of the left channel with my direct TV receiver. I know it's not the RCA cable, have tried it with my DVD player just fine. I tried multiple video inputs on my Onkyo stereo receiver, with the same result. So, I have narrowed it down to the DTV receiver or my TV. Does anyone have any other suggestions for what may be the problem?

I am currenly running my TV in and out to the Stereo receiver. DVD player and DSS receiver straight into the Stereo receiver.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
If you get only the right channel with the DSS receiver plugged into the stereo, and the same thing when it’s plugged into the TV, then it sounds to me like the DSS receiver is the problem (assuming the cables are good).

Do you have an old cassette deck laying around? An easy way to tell would be to plug the DSS directly into the tape inputs and put the deck on “Pause/Rec.” If you get meter readings on only the right channel, you have your answer.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
Yeah, just take the unit back and tell them the left channel don't work. Maybe they'll replace it. If one of my channels don't work, I go crazy. I do a system sound test on my surround sound system to make sure the cats didn't chew up the wires. LOL :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks