What's new

no sound from yamaha v863 7.2 (1 Viewer)

Captaincoop1220

Auditioning
Real Name
al
hey guys, so i am glad i found this forum and i hope you can help. i own a yamaha v863 7.2 reciever. it kicks ass if you ask me. its running 2 polk audio 4 speaker towers and a boston acoustics subwoofer. the sound it puts out is incredible. one problem. i turned it on last week and it stopped "putting out", it still turned on, you could hear the click when you changed sources, but absolutely no sound. not even the humm you usually hear when you crank up volume without an input. i opend it up but i don't know what im looking at. could it be a fuse??? could I fix it at home or am i doomed to overpay buy 200% to have some ass spend 5 mins on it. any info on where fuses are and which one you think is broken would be highly appreciated. my theater is crippled without it.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
First thing to try is un-plugging it from the wall for 10-15 minutes. The second thing is a factory reset. The procedure should be somewhere in the manual. You will lose all the settings you made but it might work. I don't think these new receivers use old-fastioned fuses anymore. They have a self-protect mode that shuts off the receiver. Not much you can do in there yourself anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks