What's new

No sound from my receiver-please help (1 Viewer)

Tim L

Second Unit
I have an older Denon 3200-a fine receiver-never had any problems- recently I went to play a DVD and I get no sound and the overload/error small red light on the front of the receiver stays on only when I select the DVD input button on the front of the reciever. I get sound when I play the radio or watch a tape on the vcr-but as soon as I switch to DVD no sound and the error light pops on- this happens even when the dvd player is shut off. My coaxial connection seems fine and everything is setup correctly in the menu system (since I have never touched it in all these years).
Any suggestions? Has anyone ran into this problem before- any advice appreciated
Tim

Tim L

Second Unit
I guess- but even when I turned the power off from the dvd player the light stayed on- seemed wierd since the power source of the coax cable would be off as well-thus not sending a signal to the reciever-or dioes it still detect a source even though the player is off?
Tim

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I would still try the above as maybe somehow your DVD player is sending some odd signal. Could be the cable .....just some ideas.

Greg_Hammond

Agent
If your DVD is hooked-up via coaxial digital, you might try removing the cable entirely and switching to optical. It's possible the circuitry that controls the coaxial input on your receiver is at fault, and eliminating it from the chain might prove beneficial.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks