What's new

No reason to rent at West Coast video any more.. (1 Viewer)

Greg Warner

Auditioning
Well....I tried to rent A.I. at my local West Coast Video this weekend and to my horror realized that they are only stocking 4:3 pan and scan for new releases. If Block Buster follows then my only option will be to purchase the titles that I would rather just rent. Angry.....sooooo angry.

Greg

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
bummer...

there are some stores where i live called '48 hours.' they not only only do fullframe on new releases but they also do something really strange. they mix dvd and vhs together!!

so, the AI video is right next to the AI dvds. catering even more to J6P.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
they not only only do fullframe on new releases but they also do something really strange. they mix dvd and vhs together!!
I know of a couple local video stores that do "mixing" and it is very annoying to say the least.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
The first time I walked in after they started mixing formats, I stood there for a few minutes trying to figure out where to start. You'd have to traverse the whole store just to browse the DVDs on hand. I didn't bother and just left.

Don't they know that people who rent DVD no longer rent VHS? Duh.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I think that practice is done to disguise the fact that they have a limited DVD collection. I'd bet they would do that until they had enough for a wall section for DVD.

Oh, and if you are a frequent renter there, I suggest you ask them how many titles you have rented that year. After they tell you, plainly explain to them that that number is frozen until they order widescreen versions. If you are near the top of the rental lists, they'll at least listen to you.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
thats whats wierd about my case. this place had a sizable DVD selection. then they went and mixed them all up for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks