What's new

No need for DIY 10" driver in 1.6 cu-ft does 114dB @ 21Hz. (1 Viewer)

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
I went back over and re-read the whole thread every response...

All I can say is that guy is umm in denial or something...

Hoffman's law is called Iron for a reason.. But you know
"I don't care about all this technical stuff" is his verbatim
response to imperical data to the contrary of the claims
made by the manufacturer of his sub..

Greg Monfort

Supporting Actor
>And FYI, I'm the "overly rude" Stereodude on AVS.
====
I wondered. I quit scanning after two pages since I didn't care for the 'tone' and there was no hard evidence presented. Just another thread that appeared to be going nowhere.......
====
>2 Tumults in 3.9cu-ft with 3200W can hit 113dB at 21Hz.
====
In-room seems reasonable, but I doubt they have zero thermal power compression at rated output, especially in an acoustically small cab so I would be surprised if it can do it aneochoically.
====
>myself will be sticking with my single Tumult in 225L (7.946cu-ft) with 4 15" Adire passive radiators. With 1600W it should do 117dB at 21Hz.
====
Sounds like a plan, though I calculate 'only' 115dB/21Hz, not that there would be an audible difference if that's 'all' it does, and both are high enough to damage things. ;)
====
>OMG I burst with laughter on that one! what a maroon!

>also, I love the spelling from those guys,
"You have more patients than I'll ever have!"!?!
====
A maroon? Do you mean moron? If so, looks like the 'pot calling the kettle black' to me.......
====
>He also claims that speakers have some kind of signature sound??? That can't be measured either... RIGHT

>I can't believe anyone would be so ignorant. He probably enjoys getting a rise out of other people...
====
At a glance, this appears to be just another 'pot calling the kettle black' response and I see DH used a good analogy IMO to 'prove' it, but I believe it is measureable since we can hear a difference, just that we haven't figured out the what/how to.....yet.

GM

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Greg,

FYI
Main Entry: 1ma·roon
Pronunciation: m&-'rün
Function: noun
Etymology: French maron, marron, modification of American Spanish cimarrón, from cimarrón wild, savage
Date: 1666
1 capitalized : a fugitive black slave of the West Indies and Guiana in the 17th and 18th centuries; also : a descendant of such a slave
It is a word. It's not generally used correctly though.

Greg Monfort

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the definition though I'm somewhat familiar with this word courtesy of my ancestral lineage :frowning:, but it didn't make any sense to me as used so guessed he meant moron, a more appropriate word for someone whose bias can't be swayed by the facts of the matter.

GM

Geno

Supporting Actor
I appologize for using that term if that is what it means. I only used it because I was brought up in front of the TV on saturday mornings [watching bugs] and it seemed appropriate. I didnt mean any racial or other connotations, I just thought thats how WB got away with saying moron. So please insert "moron" above where appropriate.

Greg Monfort

Supporting Actor
BB, eh? Interesting. It's probably been 50yrs since I watched him except in commercials, and all I remember now is "What's up, doc?" My kids were into Captain Kangaroo and the then brand new Sesame Street so didn't have the dubious pleasure of revisiting him as an adult.

GM

Jerry Parker

Stunt Coordinator

Yes, different materials do have sonic characteristics, but they are measureable in some way, not just in frequency response, that was the point I was trying to get at...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks