What's new

No idea what I'm doing. Need help (1 Viewer)

RajCaj

Grip
Real Name
Jason
Lunchbox824 said:
Awesome. Thanks a lot.

Also, I have an Onkyo receiver upstairs that is about 5 years old and it requires an audio cable and an HDMI cable to run to the TV. Is this new going to require an audio cable or will everything run through the HDMI?
As schan mentioned, your new receiver should be able to receive audio via the HDMI cable coming from your TV, but ONLY if your TV's HDMI port is ARC enabled (HDMI version 1.4), and you're using the appropriate quality HDMI cable.

I've recently found this out the hard way, after purchasing a new receiver.....thinking that I'd be able to get rid of the optical audio out cable I was using for my old receiver, but then found out that my 2009 Samsung Smart TV had only HDMI v1.3 ports, and was not ARC enabled.

Real Name
Rick
Ok, so I FINALLY got everything delivered and ready to install. We put two of the ceiling speakers up for now. Might put the third in at a later date. I'm going to have one of my friends that has some knowledge hook everything up so I don't have to have a professional come in and pay over $500 to have things hooked up.

Question... How in the heck do you hook up so many wires through the speaker selector and into the receiver? There are 6 coming out of the sound bar, 8 for the ceiling speakers and 8 for the outdoor speakers. With only 14 hookups on the receiver and 16 on the speaker selector. What wires go where and can you combine two lefts to go into one receptacle or something like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks