What's new

No comments about Britney Spears live from Vegas? (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone watch it? I watched the majority of it, and it was pretty crappy. I don't like her music much, but I had at least hoped for a decent stage show. This was pathetic. She doesn't sing much herself (about 90% playback I think), and the dancing and stage sets were OK, but not good enough to compensate for the lack of good songs and audience contact.

The bit with Jon Voight reading some fairytale for a young girl was just bizarre, what the heck was that?

Britney's outfits were revealing as usual, and the last number, "Baby, one more time", was performed in pouring rain on the stage. It could have been fun had if it had been someone else doing it, but Britney's constant "little girl" act in other numbers just makes it weird somehow...

/Mike

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I'm with you. It was awful. The music was bad, the stage show was just weird, and the only hot outfits were the last two...

Glad it wasn't something I paid to see... Those people in Vegas got jobbed.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Those people in Vegas got jobbed.
No, people in Vegas usually get jobbed all the time, so don't worry about them. :)
Our local paper had a review of the concert today and they knocked it big time saying it was just plain awful. I don't have HBO, so I didn't get to see the concert (that might be a good thing)... but the MGM Grand did have a great picture of Britney on one of the sides of their hotel (we're talking about a 30 story Britney Spears) which was *in bad English accent* VERY NICE *end bad English accent* to look at :) (I don't know if it's still up, but it was up last night). If only I had a camera... :D

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I flipped by the show every once in a while just to try and find out if Britney was going to do something extremely slutty. I didn't even bother listening to the music.

I think the show just exemplified what's wrong with the whole teen-pop genre. It actually compelled me NOT to watch, and it certainly didn't make me wonder what the music sounded like. There was no coherency of the whole, just a bunch of individual setpieces and an alarmingly ridiculous number of costume changes.

The whole thing was like a theme park exploded all over the stage. How fitting it was from Las Vegas.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Matthew, they showed it at the beginning of the special a few times. It was one of the highlights. :)

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
The only question I have is, What in the hell was Jon Voight doing there?

I managed to watch about half an hour of this travesty. But then I actually felt my soul trying to leave my body during the "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" sequence, so I thought it best to turn it off.

I couldn't help but notice that Britney never got closer than about 50 feet to her fans. I also noticed an Elvis impersonator having a pretty good time in the area between the main stage and the secondary stage. Watching him dance around in the background was the best part of the show.

RicardoD

Auditioning
My wife and I starting watching this show and quickly realized it was just plain awful. Terrible art design, lighting, costumes, dance numbers, lip sync city... not to mention the fact that at the end of the day its crappy pop music. I feel sorry for anyone who has tickets.

Ricardo

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
Ye gods,
I TIVO'ed this travesty and watched it at my leisure. I am no fan of Miss Spears's music or any of the teen pop genre.
But then, there's the issue of snoobies... :b
Britney has absolutely no stage presence. No excitement, no rapport with the audience, no spontaneity. Madonna might not be the most spontaneous artist -- heavily choreographed, multiple costume changes, etc. -- but she can fake it pretty darn well. Spears is lacking in that area.
But then... snoobies... :b
The music was lame, overproduced, and heavily reliant on playback. The video bits were annoying, and the Jon Voight/little girl scenes were downright spooky. And what was up with the f*@!$%ng music box prop? Plus was it me or was the audience totally not into it at all? Except for maybe that Elvis impersonator guy in the third row...
But alas... snoobies... :b
Truth to be told, she didn't even look that great. Even the snoobies didn't cut it. I thought that Britney's show would be prime "flip the proverbial bacon-trampoline" material, but this was pure "watery spaghettios".
That's my filthy review and I'm sticking to it!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
The other ones on that site aren't too bad either:
britney_vegas2.jpg

britney_vegas3.jpg

britney_vegas5.jpg

Sadly, not even that was a good enough reason to put up with this "concert"...
/Mike

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Well, about the saline comment... when watching the show, it was pretty obvious that Britney has NOT had any boob-jobs done. These pictures show that too... I don't understand why that rumour is still around.

/Mike

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Because she went from being a 17 or 18 year old girl with average breasts to what you see in the pictures overnight!

(Sorry but it was not puberty!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks