What's new

No 4k Digital Copy on Die Hard? (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Starting to put all my codes into MOVIES ANYWHERE.

Everything was working great until I came to DIE HARD 4k.

Put in the code and I am only getting redeemed for a HD copy, not 4k.

Is this normal?

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thanks for the spreadsheet.

I just stopped entering Fox codes. So, far, I redeemed 6 Fox movies on MA and they all gave me HD versions instead of 4k.

Pretty asinine!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

I just stopped entering Fox codes. So, far, I redeemed 6 Fox movies on MA and they all gave me HD versions instead of 4k.

Pretty asinine!
Fox have been hit or miss. What you can do is open Movies Anywhere in an incognito window on your browser and redeem the code without logging in. It will then tell you what resolution the code is supposed to redeem at. It's also handy if you have a stack of codes that you want to give away but aren't sure if they've been redeemed.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Appreciate that, Todd. And Lionsgate? Another mess. Still trying to figure out how to redeem their new codes that ask you to download an app for.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Appreciate that, Todd. And Lionsgate? Another mess. Still trying to figure out how to redeem their new codes that ask you to download an app for.

Usually when those slips ask you to redeem at a studio's site or an app, you can just redeem it directly at your retailer of choice instead. I just did that with "Overlord". It told me I had to redeem at Paramountmovies.com but I entered it into iTunes and it worked fine.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Pretty asinine!
Don't get me started about Fox codes not being in 4K after redemption code!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Don't get me started about Fox codes not being in 4K after redemption code!

I sorta wish you would as this is all new to me and I don't know what is going on.

I wrote Fox support about the lack of 4k digital redeeming but something tells me I am not going to get an answer.

And Lionsgate is another problem. Some you can redeem one place, others at another, and others you need the app.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I sorta wish you would as this is all new to me and I don't know what is going on.

I wrote Fox support about the lack of 4k digital redeeming but something tells me I am not going to get an answer.

And Lionsgate is another problem. Some you can redeem one place, others at another, and others you need the app.
Ron,

When I have more time, I'll go into more detail, but Fox sucks.

As to the Lionsgate app, I was upset at first, but it's quite easy to use with your iPhone.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Ron,

Several Fox 4K titles would only redeem in HD on Vudu and even some of them in HD on iTunes. Below are some of those Fox 4K titles released in 2017 and 2018. I haven't noticed any Fox titles having the same issues that were released in 2019/2020. Perhaps, they corrected the issue.

Logan
X-Men: Apocalypse
Hidden Figures
Deadpool
Alien: Covenant
The Greatest Showman
Red Sparrow
The Revenant
Miss Peregrine"s Home for Peculiar Children
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
The Shape of Water

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Robert,

Thanks for taking the time to post that.

It just floors me that this is a policy at Fox not to honor 4k digital redemption of discs bought in that format.

I spent quite a bit of time with Fox Customer Service today. They had me send them a bunch of photos that included photos of the product, UPC and redemption code.

After putting all that information together, I basically should have just stuck with getting the answer here.

Thus far (as I have not redeemed all my Fox codes), the issue was with DIE HARD, LOGAN, KINGSMEN I & II, GREATEST SHOWMAN

These are the answers they sent me in consecutive conversations...

Dear Ron,

Thank you for your email and providing the requested information. The redemption included with these products are intended as HD. We appreciate your comments and encourage you to contact us in the future if you have any concerns about the digital transfer that is included with your product prior to opening.

Hello Ron,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the products purchased are older releases that were available prior to Fox's UHD launch. Titles released prior to 2019 were packaged with a 4K physical disc and HD transfer. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,
Fox Customer Care

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hello Ron,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the products purchased are older releases that were available prior to Fox's UHD launch. Titles released prior to 2019 were packaged with a 4K physical disc and HD transfer. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,
Fox Customer Care

Hell, they just basically confirmed what I stated in my prior post.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah! Lol! A lot of wasted time and photo taking/sending for an answer I could have gotten here
Yeah, we had an extended discussion about those Fox titles in the Movies Anywhere thread back in late 2017. There were some issues with some Sony titles too during that time period.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yeah, we had an extended discussion about those Fox titles in the Movies Anywhere thread back in late 2017. There were some issues with some Sony titles too during that time period.

It's ultimately, my fault for not following.

I really abstained from going through these titles and pulling out the codes for quite some time now.

I decided the other day I would start doing it and have all my 4k titles redeemed.

I know a lot of Blu-rays come with codes as well? Are there any criteria for which have them? I have thousands of titles (though realistically only 1/3 is Blu-ray) and I'd hate to go through every one to find out which have codes.

I know that could be a loaded question.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's ultimately, my fault for not following.

I really abstained from going through these titles and pulling out the codes for quite some time now.

I decided the other day I would start doing it and have all my 4k titles redeemed.

I know a lot of Blu-rays come with codes as well? Are there any criteria for which have them? I have thousands of titles (though realistically only 1/3 is Blu-ray) and I'd hate to go through every one to find out which have codes.

Ron,

It was the same long process for me back when MA launch in October, 2017. Hell, I even threw some of my digital codes out beforehand so that burned me because of my stupidity.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Being required to download an app for Lionsgate really pissed me off, too, Ron, especially since that studio doesn't do us the courtesy of participating in Movies Anywhere.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I have all the Dir Hards in 4K on ITunes.
Bought the 4K DH disc last year in May and the five movie set the previous March.

I suppose they all transferred over from MA to iTunes and auto upgraded to 4K

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
With the DIE HARD movie -- and the other Fox films -- should I have registered them on a specific site to get the 4k digital or is it the same across the board?

I am sure that I am not saying anything surprising here, but the redemption process is just completely confusing. No standards across all studios, but then again, when has there ever been?

Going to repeat this for anyone who can answer...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ron,

It didn't matter with those titles. I tried redeeming them on Vudu, MA and even Fox's site and they all had the same result.

As to gathering your digital codes, there is no other process to check, but to check each Blu-ray. I pulled out every one of my Blu-rays to do so. I took it as a project and it lasted about 3-4 days for me to complete that project.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks