What's new

Nirvana Box Set by Christmas (1 Viewer)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah! Well it's $39.99 at BestBuy.com!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....3&type=product

I assume that will be the in-store sale price next week too...

Here is an MP3 of one of the songs from the box set. It's an acoustic version of You Know You're Right, which was played on BBC Radio 1 earlier today.
http://www.nirvanaclub.com/box/ykyr_acoustic.mp3

And here is yet another review of the set, this time from The Observer! Go to the following link and scroll down until you reach the end of their review of the new album from Destiny's Child.
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/revie...350671,00.html

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
59.99 cdn at Futureshop... crossing my fingers for an additional release day discount.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
The official site has been updated again. Now when you go there they play the Sub Pop version of In Bloom (which will be on the set) in the background. They have added some brand new reviews, and they have put up a new feature called "Nightly Nirvana". Nightly Nirvana is a little program that some radio stations in the country are running to help build anticipation for the box set. There are five episodes of Nightly Nirvana up right now, and each of them feature two Nirvana songs and interviews with various people who have been involved with Nirvana.

Also, NFC (The Internet Nirvana Fan Club) has posted a very cool feature about the box set. It includes all the sources of the songs on the set, and a very interesting timeline of the legal battles to get the set out.
http://www.nirvanaclub.org/box/

Only 5 days to go until the big day! :D

Allow me to brag for just a minute about a stupid little fact. I live about an hour away from where In Utero was recorded! :p) :)

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
BBC Radio just aired another track from the box. I've now heard all 7 tracks from the PROMO and can't wait until Tuesday! Very Good stuff. The Where Did You Sleep Last Night home demo is AMAZING.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Man, I can't wait until Tuesday. I'm so glad I turned to the darkside and preordered :D

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
My birthday is next Wed. Guess what I asked my wife to get me. ;)

I got to see Nirvana twice a long time ago. First time was when they opened for Sonic Youth in SF. Halloween 1991 I believe. They came back and did a show by themselves at the I Beam. A couple hundred person club. Before Nevermind hit big. Even then, you could tell there was something magical about them...

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
The box set is AMAZING, better than I could have ever imagined. The NFC list is a little incorrect, but with a few minor exceptions it is right on the money.

Highlights for me:

The Jury tracks (leadbelly covers)
Verse Chorus Verse (aka In his Hands)
Token Eastern Song
Old Age (even though the vocals are rough)
The 1-23-88 live stuff (who would've thunk soundboard in such a small venue with an unknown band)
Do Re Mi (Kurt sounds like he's at the end of his ropes)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Now the question for me:
Eat or listen to Nirvana? ;)

I'm *HOPING* someone gets it for me for Christmas. I doubt it though. Well, I've still got the other six CDs to tide me over till I eventually get the set.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I'm in the same boat Anthony. After I pay my rent, pick up my prescriptions, and catch up all the bills I skipped when I bought a digital camera last payday, I've got about $100 to last me until December 10.

I really really want the Nirvana (and Beatles box sets), not to mention the list of things below on my want list I have yet to buy.

I guess I have to eat :frowning:

Wish list (incomplete):

DVDs
OutNow Looney Tunes 1 & 2
OutNow Strangers With Candy 2 & 3
OutNow Alien Quadrilogy
OutNow Buffy (S5-7)
OutNow Does Humor Belong in Music?
OutNow Barney Miller S1
OutNow Who's the Man?
Out Now Freaks & Geeks (DIR BOX)
Out Now Angel (S3)
Out Now Homicide S4 & 5
Out Now Futurama S2 & S3
Out Now Trainspotting SE
Out Now Copland SE
Out Now Dead Like Me S1
Out Now South Park S3-5
Out Now Persuaders 2
Out Now Elephant
Out Now American Folk Blues Vol. 3
Out Now Angel S4
Out Now Columbo
Out Now Slacker: Criterion
Out Now Stage Fright
Out Now La Dolce Vita
Out Now 8 & 1/2: Criterion
Out Now Coffee & Cigarettes
Out Now I Wanna Hold Your Hand
Out Now Flight of the Phoenix
Out Now Jerry Lewis movies
Out Now SCTV Vol. 2
Out Now Friends S8
Out Now Grateful Dead Movie and Winterland
Out Now The Commish S1

11/23 Seinfeld S1-3
11/23 White Stripes live
11/30 Combat S2 (2 sets)

12/21 Hype!

1/11 Fifth Element & Leon SEs
1/25 Soap s3
1/25 Homicide S6

2/8/05 Raging Bull
2/15 Angel S5
2/15 Donnie Darko deluxe
2/15 Fandango

3/29 Ogazmo: SE

CDs/SACDs/DVDAs

CDs
Charlie Brown SACD
Monk & Coltrane SACDs
Moody Blues - Caught Live+5
Echo & the Bunnymen - 3 remasters (I got 2)
George Harrison box
Bob Dylan Live 1964
Fleetwood Mac-remasters
Neil Young DVDAs
Bo Diddley is a Gunslinger
Black Sabbath - box set
Jeff Buckley Grace
Allman Brothers SACDs
Steve Miller - Children of the Future
Family - BBC Vol. 1
The Open Mind
Grateful Dead Box set 2
Wire live 1979
John Lennon - Acoustic

11/16 Beatles box set
11/23 Nirvana box set
11/25 MC5 Live bootleg

2/1 Herb Alpert reissues

3/22 2005 Queens of the Stone Age - Paralyze

2005 Beck

TBA Moody Blues SACD remasters
TBA Sly & the Family Stone - Live
TBA Genesis SACD remasters
TBA Pink Floyd Animals & Wish You Were Here SACDS

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
I'll tell everyone this now, it is definitely not for a casual fan. If you clamor to get everything they recorded like me, this is right up your alley. Anybody with Incesticide dig the second half of the album (MINUS Big Long Now and Aneurysm) will love this. Stuff like Mexican Seafood, Beeswax, Aero Zeppelin is all over this set.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
That's the way this set SHOULD be in my honest opinion. I don't want to have this set filled with radio-friendly remixed demos, I want raw mixes! :)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Exactly. I'm not looking for a box set full of songs from the already available albums. I'm looking for rare stuff.

AndyVX

Supporting Actor

Right on! Exactly how I feel.
A lot of the Nirvana mixes on my iPod are 100% unreleased stuff (from boots and whatnot). People ask me what I'm listening to, I respond saying Nirvana, so they want to listen. Fine by me.

"What the hell is this?! This isn't Nirvana!" is normally the response I get. :)

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Just a question for you guys about that "best of" album that came out a while ago. Is there any real reason to buy it other than having the complete Nirvana collection? I was all hyped when I first heard the early rumours about that album, but then when I found out the only thing "new" on it was You Know You're Right (a song which I have had for years), I never ended up buying it.

Do the cleaned up versions of the other songs on the album really make any difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks