What's new

Nintendo to Debut New Game Machine Next Year (1 Viewer)

Adrian P

Stunt Coordinator
The device will be unveiled at the Electronic Entertainment Exposition next May in Los Angeles, Senior Managing Director Yoshihiro Mori told reporters in Osaka. He didn't say whether it will be a new GameBoy hand-held or a version of the Kyoto-based company's GameCube home-use console.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
It won't be a console:
Nintendo's executive director Jinyou Mori clarified that the new product will be a unique item that is different from any traditional machine. "We hope to present a new product in America's expo [E3] next year, which will be completely different from the traditional [machines]. We hope we can release it within the year in Japan", said Mori. "It would be ideal if we can release it simultaneously overseas". When asked if the product was going to be a home console or a portable machine, Mori commented that it will be neither.

James T

Screenwriter
I remember Virtual Boy. How long did that last? A month? The memories of trying it out at Blockbuster during a hot summer afternoon and getting someone else's sweat on my forehead...ewww.

Maybe it's N-gage2? Or some cellphone/game system hybrid. What other options are there for a game industry?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It could be a new hybrid thing, like an add-on. Perhaps it's a Network Adapter/Online Game combo?

An online gaming service seems pretty likely.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I hope it's a new portable gaming device. The N-Gage is already more powerful than the GB Pocket, I can imagine how much better the PSP will be.

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder if this or some version of it is the new hardware.

I never bought a N64, but if they made some type of controller with the games built in (like the Atari 2600 ones), I would probably pick it up.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
ermm, I hope that's not it. Where's the screen? I guess it's appeal to Chinese gamers will be exclusive to them only.

Thanks for the link btw.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The iQue is a China-only gaming device that plays basically N64 games. Nintendo is trying to profit off that market without a huge investment, as well as put their foot in the door for the future.

That's not what we're getting. I think they're going to unveil their online service (it fits in with their word games and would make sense as the next logical move).

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It doesn't say machine in the direct quotes, only "product." It will likely be an adapter/online setup kit with a game included.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks