What's new

Nintendo Announces the "Super GameBoy Advance" for GameCube (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>you mean, make them available for play on a tv? what a concept>

No, I mean for those of us who no longer have a working NES, and would like to somehow play the games once again with the current system.

If they can emulate GBA/GBC/GB games using an adapter and a GC Disc, why not do so for the older systems as well?

Jason Borchers

Second Unit
Best news ever! I've always been a huge Game Boy fan, and this is the Super Game Boy upgrade I've been waiting for. (Finally, Game Boy Color and Advance games on TV! YES!)
I hope it supports the Super Game Boy modes of games like Donkey Kong '94, and the excellent automatic color modes you get when you play certain original GB games on a GBC or GBA. (Confused? :))
(I already posted in the Hardware topic about this, but I'm so excited, I had to post here too. :D)

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Now the question is:

If I get this, and Metroid Fusion for GBA, will that let me play Metroid NES in Metroid Prime?

Or will I still need to have a regular GBA with a GBA/GC link cable?

Jason Borchers

Second Unit
Now the question is:

If I get this, and Metroid Fusion for GBA, will that let me play Metroid NES in Metroid Prime?

I doubt it would work. You need to have both Prime and Fusion running at the same time in order to connect them, which probably isn't possible if you're using the adapter.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member

Interesting question. You'd think that you could put the cart in the slot then the game you want to link to in the gamecube. If it doesn't necessarily need the GBA to be running, but just can access the saved status then why would you need the emulator disk?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If they can emulate GBA/GBC/GB games using an adapter and a GC Disc, why not do so for the older systems as well?
Actually, there was a way to play NES and I think even some SNES games on GBA through a special set of stuff. Since it falls under the emulation/ROMs category, I'll stop at that.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Now, if only Nintendo could come up with something like this for NES and SNES games, I'd be a happy camper
You know what would be even better than this, if they made something like that for GBA!!!! Since I think that GBA is in esscence a portable SNES, it should work. You may look crazy with a SNES or, even worse, NES cartridge sticking out of your GBA.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Since GBA is a widescreen format, maybe the new adapter will allow 16:9 enhancement for the GBA games.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm....Imagine GBA on the Scootplex....

I wonder how long it'll take before they start making GBA games with unlockable GCN games on the carts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks