What's new

Ninja Turtles, Volume 5 (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Anyone find this early? I thought I would ask the FYE employees if they have any early copies in the back, and one guy was nice enough to check for it because he thought he did spot it, but sadly I was out of luck.

Anyone get one early and know what kind of picture quality is on it t his time around? Better or worse than V4?

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
For those wondering if Lions Gate upped the ante on the video quality for TMNT Volume 5, rejoice because your prayers have been answered. I've only seen three eps, and the only things I've noticed so far are slight 'upper screen shifting', where an inch of the top screen images flinches to the left as it would on a VHS tape. The Scratches and moving lines found in Volume 4 seem to be long gone in the three episodes I've watched.

Plus, if you had 'red line noise' in the official 'Pizza By the Shred' video tape released by FHE in 89, you'll be happy to note the Nuetrino starmobile, and Raphs mask are now all white line noise f ree, or whatever they call that video artifact....

Lets hope the newer the episodes get, the picture quality will match that of the He-Man series on DVD...

http://www.shreddersdojo.com/junk/PreviewV5.jpg

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
The PQ wasn't stellar for Volume 5, but it was better than Volume 4. The only episode that really looked like it came from VHS was "Michaelangelo's Birthday."

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Can anyone find out what screen resolution they encoded these episodes in? When it's in an 800X600 Window, all the artifacting is gone, and the picture looks clean. But when maximised to a 1024X768 window, it looks terrible, with blurry movements and pixels showing..

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
My copy came today from Amazon.com
I checked the disc on my PC to see about the blurry movements that Neil mentioned but the picture is OK! And I fullscreened it under a 1280x1024 22" screen!

Anyway, another good thing about this, is that it came with an outer case with a 3D holographic picture of the normal cover. (how do u call these? lol)

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
I only bought the first volume (which comprised the mini-season that was Season 1 and also included some later episodes from [I think] Season 10, but no bonus features). Haven't got around to buying the following four yet. Do they get better? Is there any bonus material on them? I'm glad the show's being brought to DVD, but these releases seem pretty substandard. And often the box art is pretty awful. Is it new TMNT art, or is it old promo stuff they slapped on there?

bignev44

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Neville Johnson
It looks like new art cause i never saw the covers before,the animations is basically the same but there is alot of people that say the animation is poor,i dont think it is...or maybe i am just glad they finally released this eries on dvd but it needs more attention than this,this one single set every 5 months is doing the series no justice and there are no bonus features at all,thats just terrible but alas i will keep collecting them when they come out.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G

I wish they used the old VHS art they already have for the dvds! that would add to the satisfaction of "old" fans.

If im not mistaken the first volume contained unaired episodes as a bonus

bignev44

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Neville Johnson

That would have been a great idea,i have some of the old VHS tapes and the art on them is very nice,oh and to answer your question,volume 5 came in a lithograph dvd shell,that was a pretty good bonus.

bignev44

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Neville Johnson
:emoji_thumbsup:

Glad i can help,does anyone have an idea when the next volume will come out?

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G

for real ?
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks