What's new

Ninja Gaiden Trailer ... wow (1 Viewer)

Keith Frederick

Stunt Coordinator
This is the only game I am excited for. Zelda will be great, but I already know exactly what to expect. Same thing with Halo 2. But this game has so much potential.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I unlocked this trailer during DOAX, man does it look tight! A definite must buy for the graphics alone!

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I was impressed when I downloaded the trailer a few months ago, but then OXM put it on a demo disc and I got to see it on my true rig...oh my... :eek:

Dan B

Screenwriter
The trailer on the OXM demo disc blew my mind. I'm definitely waiting for this one...impatiently.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I hadn't seen it (and wasn't all that interested)until I got the trailer in DOAXVB...

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Now I'm just pissed it's at least 8 months away, still... ;)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
:emoji_thumbsup:
Looks great. Though I'm a bit afraid that the camera might pose a problem. It's hard to tell from this trailer. Assuming the camera isn't a problem, this looks like a must buy. Any idea when the release date is? The days of me being able to put off buying an xbox are growing shorter and shorter :D

Dan B

Screenwriter
I think it's currently scheduled to come out this summer. Translation - probably this fall at the earliest! ;) From what I've heard it's pretty far along, so I don't think there _should_ be any delays.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It looks like the took the Ninja stuff from Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions and made a game out of it (I know it's a different company, but it's the same basic concept and it looks to be the same thing). It looks like it'll be a lot of fun.

Graphically, it's not ultra-amazing, but it still looks very good.

I think it might have some Devil May Cry-ish camera problems.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Damn you Morgan! :D

I don't see any resemblence to the Metal Gear VR missions myself, though. And yes it is ultra-amazing graphically - the OXM trailer blows away anything else I've seen. The lighting isn't near Halo 2, but in every other area it rocks. Period. ;)
Camera problem, yeah that might be! We'll have to wait and see.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen this running on an X-Box. You're more than welcome to send me one to see it on.

If you play through the Ninja missions in MGS:VR Missions, then you'll see how there's a resemblance in this game. Which is actually an extremely good idea.

If I had an X-Box, this game would be on my "To Buy" list already.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Oh you guys are talking about the Playstation game...I was thinking about the VR missions in Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance. My mistake...don't know how different they are from what I've played in Substance, since I never played the earlier game.

Kelley, it is an older trailer (I haven't downloaded it yet but from what I hear anyway) The one in DOA Volleyball is also the same as the one in the OXM disc a while back. And that's disappointing since they promised a new one...:rolleyes

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Dan B-

Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions was a spinoff game in itself for the PSX. The original MGS only had a very VR training missions, while MGS:VRM had 300. A few of them (like 5) were played as the Ninja from MGS. I suggest you try to find a friend with a copy of the game who has worked their way to that part, it's pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks