What's new

Nike+iPod (1 Viewer)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Anyone tried the Nike+iPod combo listed below?

http://www.apple.com/ipod/nike/

I stopped running a couple of years ago and have been thinking of getting back into it again since I've put on a lot of weight. I'm curious as to how well this combo works.

Neal_C

Second Unit
My fiancee and I both use it. It works pretty good. Probably not as accurate as other options but unless you need it to be perfect, it will do the job. I would say its accurate within a tenth or two of a mile.

There is a calibration setting that it has to try and make it more accurate. Before we both calibrated, my fiancee's showed that she went about .15 of a mile farther in a 3 mile session than I did. (In other words, we wanted to do 3 miles and when hers said 3 miles, mine said 2.85 miles, eventhough we had gone the exact same distance).

After we calibrated, which requires you walking for a quarter mile to calibrate the walk portion and running a quarter mile to calibrate the run portion, the numbers are now the opposite. I'll go 3 miles, she'll go 2.85.

So, its far from perfect, but probably a decent estimator. If you are seriously looking to train for something, I'd look for a more advanced one.

I hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiwipip