What's new

Nike+iPod (1 Viewer)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Anyone tried the Nike+iPod combo listed below?

http://www.apple.com/ipod/nike/

I stopped running a couple of years ago and have been thinking of getting back into it again since I've put on a lot of weight. I'm curious as to how well this combo works.

Neal_C

Second Unit
My fiancee and I both use it. It works pretty good. Probably not as accurate as other options but unless you need it to be perfect, it will do the job. I would say its accurate within a tenth or two of a mile.

There is a calibration setting that it has to try and make it more accurate. Before we both calibrated, my fiancee's showed that she went about .15 of a mile farther in a 3 mile session than I did. (In other words, we wanted to do 3 miles and when hers said 3 miles, mine said 2.85 miles, eventhough we had gone the exact same distance).

After we calibrated, which requires you walking for a quarter mile to calibrate the walk portion and running a quarter mile to calibrate the run portion, the numbers are now the opposite. I'll go 3 miles, she'll go 2.85.

So, its far from perfect, but probably a decent estimator. If you are seriously looking to train for something, I'd look for a more advanced one.

I hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks