Nightbreed SE

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Henry Gale, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Well, I searched back one month, hope that was far enough.
    Bought the SE of Near Dark at Circuit City today and asked about Nightbreed. The clerk showed me a copy but said if I waited a few weeks there'd be a Special Edition.
    Will someone steer me to the facts?

2. Richard Smith

Richard Smith Stunt Coordinator

Hi Jim,
    There was a rumour going around at the time of the original release that a Nightbreed special edition would arrive this year. It was going to be a directors cut containing the 25 minutes that the studio cut out and other extras. However there hasn't been any new info since then[​IMG]. From interviews I've read with Clive Barker it's going to be a bit of a task finding the missing footage and re-editing the movie, and right now he seems busy with the Abarat quartet of books. I've got my fingers crossed that he's still working on this and that we'll get it next year.Here's a link to the last thread on the subject.
    Richard

3. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

A Nightbreed SE would be SO cool. Love that flick.
    'course, I live in the city it supposedly takes place in (at least in the beginning) so it gets extra cool-points for that. [​IMG]

4. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Supporting Actor

A year ago on Clive Barker's web site he even stated the the directors cut would be coming.

5. Mike Munster

Mike Munster Auditioning

Its been so long since the initial announcement that I'm getting skeptical that we will ever see it. The studios appear to be busy right now putting out boxed sets of every lame TV show in their vaults. I would sure like to own this version of the film.[​IMG]

6. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

Extra cool movie. David Cronenberg is perfestly cast. HE SCARES ME (really). Love an SE/DC of this movie.

7. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Forgot I even started this thread, found it in a search today.
    Well, guess I just need to buy the existing disc, then they'll announce a Special Edition. [​IMG]

8. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Supporting Actor

that is how it works. [​IMG]

9. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

Well I bought it.... so I don't doubt the SE will get announced soon. [​IMG]

10. Gregory Pauswinski

Gregory Pauswinski Supporting Actor

I assume the film bounty hunter has not found the lost footage yet in Fox's vaults because there has not been any new info since then.

11. Matthew Brown

Matthew Brown Supporting Actor

I am holding off on the current release in hopes that the special edition materializes at some point.

I am not only looking forward to more footage, but a special feature on the backgrounds of the characters would be incredible. I remember having a book that treated the creatures as if the were real and gave fascinating stories of how they wound up at Midian.

I can't believe this movie wasn't more popular than it was. If it came out today, there would be toy lines, video games, and all sorts of stuff. I loved the whole premise of the film.

Matt

12. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Bought it today at Fry's for 14.99. Tony & I ought to get some sort of thanks on the special edition insert for prompting its release. [​IMG]