What's new

Night Court Marathon, TV Land (Aug. 13-14, 2005) (1 Viewer)

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Anyone watching or recording the Night Court Marathon on TV Land today and tomorrow? This is good to support the release of Season set DVDs... (see any NC DVD thread in the DVD-TV forum)

I still love this show. It's so funny, silly, but there are heartfelt moments as well. I think this mix (plus all the characters' unique traits) make this show great.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I've been watching all day, thanks to the magic of DVR. Some of their episode choices are weird. They seem to be going for the Best of Night Court, but they are leaving out almost all of the Wheeler episodes, including the best one, Hurricane Parts 1 & 2.

Can't wait until they get to Educating Rhoda featuring Nana Visitor as a psychopathic killer who goes home with Dan.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Anyone know the name of the episode where they go to a labratory where Bull is involved with experiments. Dan sits down to watch the "sex" experiments? I remember that episode well, it's great.

Edit: I think I found it, "Mental Giant".

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
The scene with Dan and Mac trying to impersonate Harry's signature (from "Her Honor" which I just saw) is one of the funniest scenes from NC. Every time I see this scene, I crack up out loud.

For those who forgot: Mac hides under the robe and his right hand "becomes Dan/'Harry''s" and when we see his darker hand, the hilarity ensues.

Oh, also when Roz "grabs" Bull to shut him up... just hilarious.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

"Another Day in the Life" (5.16) from 1988 is one of several episodes where the gang had to get through an insane numbr of cases before midnight. Through a set of circumstances that would take way too long to explain, Harry ends up in an arm-wrestling contest with an out-of-town millionaire who has agreed to pay off the mortgage for a group of nuns who are about to have their orphanage foreclosed on if Harry wins. (Pat Corley, perhaps best known as Phil the bartender from Murphy Brown, played the millionaire.)

Just as Harry is about to lose, with everyone in the courtroom staring intently at the match, Christine removes her coat, climbs up on a table in the millionaire's line of sight (and presumably unhooks her bra at some point), and waves her arms over her head. As soon as the guy looks up she tears open her blouse and flashes him, causing him to lose concentration and allowing Harry to win the match.

This is probably the episode you had in mind. Although now that I think about it, it may have been less a matter of distraction than of the blood supply being redirected from the man's arms to - er - other muscles that resulted in his defeat. All I can say is I'm sorry this was broadcast and the camera had to be behind her. ;)

Regards,

Joe

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I would like to take this opportunity to say that I apologize for thinking that Markie Post was "nothing". Having viewed quite a few eps during the weekend's marathon, I can now understand the appeal behind her and appreciate it myself.

Post had one deadly femullet in the late 80s, though.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I hope they cover "Night Court" on "I Love The 80s 3-D" in October.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

It worked on me. I'd forgotten how funny that show was and will now pick up the first season set.

I watched most of the marathon on Sunday. I think my favorite was when they had to cover the day shift. I just about split a gut when Dan went to the cafeteria and encountered "The Blue Room" with a maitre'd, tablecloths, and live entertainment (That lettuce is green...that meat isn't!). :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks