What's new

NHL in Hi Def on DirecTV (1 Viewer)

Alan Markow

Agent
HDNet is incredible. They've been running baseball and a few specials so far. The best hi-def on television so far. The owner, who also owns the Dallas Mavericks, is a devoted HD fan, and some of his staff chats on AVS Forum. You should try to see an HDNet broadcast if possible. It's HD the way we've always dreamed about it. HDNet has taken over channel 199 on Direct TV. I posted more info on HD content earlier today in this Forum area.
Alan

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
YES!!!!!!!!! I have so been waiting for this. I don't even have a HD receiver yet, but all my local affiliates are going to DTV in May, and with ABC and CBS carrying their prime time lineups in HD, I think its time I took the HD plunge soon.
Just a side question, do other HD channels via DirecTv cost additional? I don't have DirecTV yet either, but I am thinking I am going to when I move at the end of the month :)

Alan Markow

Agent
There's no extra charge for Ch 199, where HD Net resides. HBO is Direct TV's other high def channel and it is a premium. I get local HD via an outside antenna. In some areas, Dish provides CBS HD via the satellite. Local channels on Direct TV are not the digital transmission.
Alan

Bill Adlhoch

Stunt Coordinator
is it 720P or 1080i??? I didnt see it listed in the article
i know sports looks a lot better in 720P

Jason Pugh

Agent
YES!! I found this out the other night and it single handedly SAVED me as a Direct TV customer. I don't want to pay $60+ a month to get one channel of HBO in HD but now I can get what I really want with the basic package. Yep, Direct TV saved a customer.
Does anyone know the email address to send praises for stuff like this so it might influence future decisions? (ok, it might not but still)

MikeRa

Auditioning
Ditto above, I love it and it too saved my direct tv subscription. The following is a link for feedback, BTW I informed HDnet that Direct TV owes them a thank you. Lets get some reviews of the telecast tomorrow. BTW anyone want to check HDnet out in Northern Connecticut/Southern Ma. let me know.
http://www.hd.net/feedback.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks