What's new

Next BB Preferred Customer? (1 Viewer)

Trav

Grip
Hi, we're looking to buy an HDTV some time soon and was wondering if anyone knew when the next Best Buy preferred customer event will be? Don't they usually have a 10% coupon that allows you to get the discount even off of sales prices? Thanks.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

I have only used the DVD/CD coupons, but I seem to recall that the other coupons were for 10% off regular priced items. They usually have a coupon with some deal if you put the purchase (over $299, IIRC) on a Best Buy Charge Card. If you have a Circuit City in your area, you may want to watch the papers carefully. If you do a price match on in IN STOCK item, BB matches the price, but if you have already purchased the TV ans you price match AFTER the sale, you get an extra 10% of the difference.

EXAMPLE: You bring in a CC ad to BB for a TV that is reg. $1000 and is on sale at CC for $800. Best Buy will match the price if CC still has the TV in stock. BUT, if you buy the TV at Best Buy for the full price FIRST, THEN go to Customer Service with the ad for the price match, you will get the $200 difference PLUS an additional $20 (the extra 10%) back. If you are a Reward Zone Member this probably is the best route to go.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
They tend to coincide with three-day weekends, so the next logical happening would be Presidents Day Weekend in February. However, there seems to be some inconsistencies in their policy lately. I got coupons for every weekend previously, but didn't receive any for the MLK weekend event that others received (have I been identified in their database as a "demon customer"?). Also, there have been some reports of different weekends in different areas: coupons hitting, say, Dallas one weekend and NY the next.

Trav

Grip
Thanks guys, unfortunately, there isn't a Circuit City anywhere nearby, so Best Buy won't price match with them. Does anyone know for sure whether the 10% off coupons for Preferred Customer are off of regular price or sale price if I buy a TV? It would be worth it for me to wait until one of these weekends if I could get an additional 10% off the sale price.

Thanks again.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Their coupons are usually always % off regular prices.

There was a coupon in the recent "Entertainment Weekly" (Clint Eastwood/Hilary Swank on cover) for 10% off purchases of $499 and up. Deduction taken from regular prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks