What's new

News for Corrs fans (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
What attracted me to FNF was the perfect vocal production, which had that magic quality to it, not unlike groups like The Mamas & The Papas or The Beach boys at their best. I haven't heard the new album, but they couldn't recreate that sound on the last few albums.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think David Foster had a lot to do with FNF's fine vocal production. I really wished he'd produce their next album (though I'm not holding my breath for lightning to strike twice).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think David Foster had a lot to do with FNF's fine vocal production. I really wished he'd produce their next album (though I'm not holding my breath for lightning to strike twice).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Caro is due in late September, early October, IIRC. She's only on percussion, and not doing the more strenuous drumming for the current tour. There's no telling when Caro will have to quit the tour (hope she makes it to the Boston date, late August, because that's the one concert I'm going to). Jason Duffy (brother of Keith Duffy, the bass player) is filling in on the drums.

The Corrs now have 8 people on stage during this current tour. They also added a keyboard player (forgot his name, though). It's getting pretty crowded on that stage nowadays.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Caro is due in late September, early October, IIRC. She's only on percussion, and not doing the more strenuous drumming for the current tour. There's no telling when Caro will have to quit the tour (hope she makes it to the Boston date, late August, because that's the one concert I'm going to). Jason Duffy (brother of Keith Duffy, the bass player) is filling in on the drums.

The Corrs now have 8 people on stage during this current tour. They also added a keyboard player (forgot his name, though). It's getting pretty crowded on that stage nowadays.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, I made it back from Boston after attending the Corrs' last US tour stop this past Saturday (they are also ending their North America tour with a stop in Toronto tonight). I spent pretty much 24 hours in Boston, walked all over the city checking out what the city had to offer. I also got to the FleetBoston Pavilion too early for the soundcheck, so by the time I went elsewhere to explore, it was too late to walk back, so I missed out on the soundcheck.

It was a hot, hazy, humid night, and Andrea describe the heat as "boiling". I concurred. But being the professionals they are, they pressed on and delivered a great set of songs for their adoring fans. The pavilion was sold out (about 5200 seats), and the place was packed.

I was pretty impressed with their overall performance and energy on stage, they looked to be having fun and clowned around during the performances as they made eye contact with one another (and for those lucky few, the fans in the front rows!). Andrea just seemed to be so "up" for this concert, she was dancing around, adding that extra lilt to her movements and singing. Sharon is just rock solid with the violin and her "New Frontiers" solo was hypnotic and amazing to hear/see live in person. I will always remember Jim's Big Drum drumming on "Borrowed Heaven" and the dueling drum solos between him and Jason later in the concert (I think on "I Never Loved You Anyway" which is another one of my all-time favorites by this band). Keith, Anto and the new keyboard guy Kieran (who I never saw because I was off to Sharon's side of the stage and big speakers blocked my view of the keyboard setup, and the 4 big lighting panels for the backdrop) were all great. Anto's the man with his guitar solos, and Keith keeps our toes tapping with his basslines.

I have no idea how lead singers can sing so powerfully in 2-3 concerts per week while touring (I go hoarse after trying to sing 2 songs at best). Andrea sounded very good, and on some songs she was really into the performing of the song and just went for broke on many songs. The pavilion's sound system was probably turned up a little too loud (my ears were still ringing a bit for a day, plus flying home Sunday morning didn't help either).

The crowd was a little subdued at the beginning, but the Corrs finished with a flourish that had the whole pavilion rocking and rolling. It was nice to see many people dancing around and singing along to old and new favorites.

I really liked the new concert intro to "Angel", much better than the CD version. Andrea sang her heart out on this song.

A row of girls behind me squealed with delight as songs like "Radio", "When the Stars Go Blue", "Runaway", and so many more were played. "Radio"'s instrumentals sounded a little "off" or different.

I'm not the a big fan of "Summer Sunshine" but when it's performed live, it's a totally different listening experience, it's a rocking song. The CD version is just too sterile/antiseptic, but it has more passion and grit than you'd think it would when it's performed live.

"Forgiven Not Forgotten" is one of my favorites, and I wasn't disappointed when they played it with such gusto and zeal. The overall tone to this song is just one of those pure, classic songs that will live on in future tours to come.

Loved Jim's "Put your hards together" part for "So Young" which is also one of their signature "get the crowd hopping" songs.

I was cracking up after "Goodbye" was finished and the band left the stage, and the girls behind me where chanting "Breath-less, Breath-less..." and one girl even nudged me to join in with them, the rest of the crowd picked up the cue and also chanting for the encore to come. Say what you will about "Breathless" but it's just such a good hook-laden song that moves the hips and feet of just about anyone who hears it at the concert. It was fun to see people dancing in the aisles and near their seats. "Toss The Feathers" ended a great night a music and fun, and sent the sell-out crowd happy and tapping their feet.

So, preaching to the choir, if you get a chance to see the Corrs live in concert, go see them!

Sam Rossi

Grip
I caught the recent Pittsburgh tour stop at the Chevrolet Amphitheater. The show was great overall, very entertaining. It was nice to hear Sharon perform "No Frontiers" a la "Unplugged". I wasn't a fan of the "Borrowed Heaven" CD upon its release, but gained a new appreciation after hearing a few of the cuts live..."Angel" was excellent, BTW.

I was disappointed that the show wasn't a sell-out or even close to it. It actually felt a little embarrassing given the size of crowds the Corrs perform to in Europe and abroad. My kids and I had primo seats in the second section dead center with two virtually empty rows in front of us.

At any rate, a great show on a very nice August night !

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
With the US being as big as it is, I don't think you can expect the Corrs to sell out at each venue (plus their promotion for their North American tour hasn't been really strong, perhaps it'll change when they come back in 2005, hopefully with Caroline back on drums). also, this summer has been pretty lackluster for a lot of bands/acts touring around the US in terms of attendance.

Here's my Corrs in Boston photo album.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks