News for Corrs fans

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ben LG, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Ben LG

Ben LG Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG]

From: http://www.corrsonline.com/home/news...march/1a.shtml

Just heard Summer Sunshine, has a very upbeat sound to it but you dont hear enough of Sharon's violin IMO. Not at all bad but come to think of it, I have never heard a horrible Corrs song. Theyre all so radio friendly and I think this one might get alot of airplay.. its already stuck in my head listening to it for the third time. [​IMG]

2. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    Thanks Ben for the heads up. I like their work a lot and will definitely look into this album. [​IMG]

3. Rick_Brown

Rick_Brown Second Unit

I hope the new album is better than "In Blue", which I thought was below par.

4. Sathyan

Sathyan Second Unit

Thanks for the heads up.

When is the remaining back catalogue getting released on DVDA?

You know, from when the violin was more than a prop.

5. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

I think "In Blue" tried too hard to be a hit. They are still one of my favorite groups, although still virtually unknown in the US which is a shame. Another group I always sing the praises of, and is pretty much unknown here, is Texas (from Wales if I am not mistaken).

6. John Milton

John Milton Second Unit

Well I first got into The Corrs due to their In Blue DVD-A so I really like that album. I have since bought the remainder of their catalog and have enjoyed the majority of it. I'd love to see the old and the new released in hi-res.

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I'm getting really antsy for their new album "Borrowed Heaven" which is being released in some parts in Europe. The US release date is 6/8/04...grr...

I've seen the EPK for "Borrowed Heaven" which features 27 minutes of acoustic version of their new songs, and I think it's a little better than the somewhat over-produced studio version on the new CD.

Songs on the EPK:
    Angel
    Goodbye
    Hideaway
    Humdrum
    Long Night
    Summer Sunshine
    Silver Strand

You can see the EPK by this stream URL:

Corrs EPK

8. Luis_RC

Luis_RC Auditioning

Yep, the EPK is just fantastic!!! [​IMG]
    If you haven't heard it yet, what are you waiting for? RUN...

Hope we can get the acoustic versions in some later Special Edition. "Borrowed Heaven" seems to be a much stronger album than "In Blue", with a more mature and irish sound.

9. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I've also listened to the album quite a few times as well.

Andrea has stretched her vocals on this album, going for longer, soaring notes which tend to ingrain themselves in your head.

What I've done is move "Time Enough For Tears" out of the #6 spot, and dropped it down to #11, just in front of "Silver Strand" and it plays much better in that position on the album because TEFT just stops the momentum of the album dead in its tracks otherwise.

I'm comtemplating ordering the Australia version just because it's got the bonus track "Miracle" but the CD has copy-protection, so it'd be a pain to play it in different CD drives/players, and that's holding me back from buying it.

This is how I changed up the play order for songs off BH for my own listening enjoyment and what I thought of each song:

1. "Summer Sunshine" is probably the one of the weaker songs (or maybe I've heard way too many times to be objective) though it's catchy, but it's what they decided to use to promote the new album.

2. "Angel" is probably too upbeat for its topic, but Andrea appears to like singing it.

3. "Hideaway" has that catchy hook, and it does sounds a bit like Remy Zero's "Save Me" which is the theme song for Smallville.

4, "Long Night" should find airplay, as it has a relentless feeling of dread of the impending long night.

5. "Goodbye" is okay, but I think 1 song (Angel) is enough to deal with their mother's death.

6. "Humdrum" lyrics are amusing. I also think Andrea likes singing this song because it harkens back to "I Never Loved You Anyway".

7. "Even If" is bouncy, but sounds like something pop-ish from FNF as well.

8. "Borrowed Heaven" is sort of a departure for the Corrs because they got some nifty African rhythms/background vocals going on, and it works.

9. "Confidence for Quiet" is a holdover from their FNF days, but also listenable.

10. "Baby Be Brave" is okay, it's got a subdued hook, and Sharon's violin is prominent enough.

11. "Time Enough For Tears" is stylistically too different for the album (Bono and someone else wrote it, and Andrea sang it for the "In America" soundtrack), but it shows up anyway on the album.

12. "Silver Strand" is welcomed because Sharon gets to cut loose with her violin.

(I basically just moved "TEFT" down to the 11th spot so that it melts into "Silver Strand" not so abruptly because its overall tone is just so different from the rest of the album.)

----

The acoustic version on the EPK are as enjoyable or more enjoyable than the CD version, I think the Corrs sound better acoustically, and without a lot of production tricks. But they seem to like the slick production of their songs, so that's what is gets released on their albums. I yearn for David Foster to produce an album for them, but I think that's never going to happen.

10. Luis Esp

Luis Esp Supporting Actor

Just heard that they announced their summer tour and they will be here in Toronto on Aug. 30th.

11. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

Where did you see this? I am hoping for a Milwaukee date (yeah, right) but Chicago would be cool.

12. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Going by Ticketmaster, Cleveland, OH will be your closest venue.

13. John Milton

John Milton Second Unit

Forgive my ignorance but what does EPK mean?

14. Luis Esp

Luis Esp Supporting Actor

For those in Cdn/Toronto area, www.chumfm.com is giving away tickets to see the Corrs.

Tickets are on sale now for the American Express pre-sale and go on sale to the general public Fri. morning.

At the Corrs official site, they have a concert listing for the cities, and Canada has quite a few dates in their North American leg of the tour.

15. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

me, too...what is this?

16. Luis_RC

Luis_RC Auditioning

EPK = Electronic Press Kit

They are used for TV specials, news programs, etc.

17. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

FYI, their new album, Borrowed Heaven, comes out this Tuesday, and the cheapest price in the US is $9.99 at Media Play (of all places), otherwise it'll be around $11.99 at the other usual stores (Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, etc).

18. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

Just saw that they are playing Rivinia (suburban Chicago) on August 18. I am SO there!

19. Larry Fletcher

Larry Fletcher Stunt Coordinator

Patrick,

I agree with you 100%. I enjoy the Corrs when they perform accoustically also. That is why I have burned a hole in the Corrs Unplugged dvd from repeated viewings. [​IMG]

Also I mention this in the After hours forum. The Corrs will be performing on the Today show Friday July 23.

20. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Now that I know about the Today Show appearance, I've been checking on airfare (fly up Thursday night), hang out early in Rockerfeller Center, and enjoy the madness with other Corrs fans for the show. I just need to figure a cheap place to stay overnight in NYC (I know, fat chance)... maybe going clubbing or finding a 24 hour waffle house place would be cheaper...