What's new

Newbie question, how to connect a subwoofer? (1 Viewer)

Je-P

Stunt Coordinator
I plan on ordering the Axiom EP350 Sub and most likely the Denon 3803. I was also thinking about the SVS subs. My question is why do subs have speaker connection posts? What's the best way to connect a sub? I was thinking using a RCA subwoofer cable. Why are there speaker posts on the sub? Thanks for answering.

Speaker binding posts are there in case your receiver does not have a preamp output for a subwoofer. In this case your speaker cables would pass through the subwoofer on the way to your speakers. You shouldn't have to worry about this at all. It's simply a way for the manufacturer to maintain compatibility and flexibility with the market.

Using the preamp output on your receiver is preferred. It would allow proper use of your receiver's bass management and ensure the LFE channel is played back properly.

Je-P

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the answer. So I guess I'd be good getting that 15 ft run of the single RCA Monster Subwoofer cable then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks