What's new

Newbie needs advice on HDRPTV selection (1 Viewer)

baja

Agent
Hey guys can you help a newbie out;) I am building a home theater system and need advice as to the best choice for the HDRPTV. I am looking at the Mitsubishi Platinum WS-55511, Diamond WS 55711 and Pioneer Elite Pro530HD. I am going to be running it on an HD DirectTV receiver (another selection ?). I am looking for the BEST "overall" picture in all modes. Thanks in advance!

Jeff_Galvin

Auditioning
I suggest the Pioneer (what I have). I know of two cases personnally where the purchaser's of Mitsubishi wish they had gone Pioneer. My friend at the local high-end store had one thing to say about HDTV "There is Pioneer and then there is everything else". I know it was the most expensive, but the 530 has come down a bunch in the last year or so (after I bought mine!). The Pioneer is also a much nicer cabinet and much more pleasant to look at when it is not running. I also know I can roll it around with a single finger push but the Mitsu is kind of a bear.
Good luck in your decision....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks