What's new

Newbe to home audio...Any suggestions on Integra 8.9 setup? (1 Viewer)

kiwanoron

Auditioning
Real Name
Ron
Newbe to home audio...Any suggestions on Integra 8.9 setup?

I have an Integra 8.9 receiver. Paradigm Studio 60's v.5(thank you all for your suggestions) and a cc-590 v.4(planing on buying a cc-690 v.5 in the next two months). I have two Monster THX SL200-SW Subs, I paid $600 for both of them with a 5 year warranty, I know they are not the best but could not pass on the deal. I have to wait two weeks for the rear ADP speakers. I am planing on running a 5.1 system.

Here is where I could use some help:

-The integra has an option for bridging the front channel - is this a good idea?
-I also read about bi-amping the front speakers? - Not sure what is the best way to go since this is my first home system what is not a HT in a box!

- For the Subs I ran the Sub preout to one sub then out of that sub into the other(as it said in the directions)

In the Integra setup for the speaker configuration what should I set the settings at for the
-Front Speakers(paradigm Studio 60's V.5)
-Center(Paradigm cc-590 v.4)
-Sub -LPF of LFE (2 Monster THX SL200-SW Subs)
-Rears (Paradigm ADP not sure what one, most likly studio)

If you have any other suggestions Please let me know.

THANKS ~ RON

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Only thing that comes to mind is you paid 3 times as more for your receiver than you did for your subs. That is the backwards. The speaker and sub budget should be way more than the AVR....

Normally, you want to use a Y Cable to connect the subs. Split the signal from the output on the AVR in 2. Going from sub to sub can add a filter or delay. Not sure about the Mon$ter subs....

Bi-Amping the fronts will not hurt anything, but it won't help either. You are still sending the same power to the speakers from the same AVR with the same crossovers.

For your settings, run Audyssey (check out the thread here at HTF). This will get you started in the right direction.

kiwanoron

Auditioning
Real Name
Ron
David,

Thanks for the reply!

What about the Integra setup for the speaker configuration what should I set the crossover settings at for the? Do I set this first or run the Audyssey first, will it set the crossover points for me? I have never done this so not sure where to begin?

-Front Speakers(paradigm Studio 60's V.5) Crossover?
-Center(Paradigm cc-590 v.4) Crossover?
-Sub -LPF of LFE (2 Monster THX SL200-SW Subs) Crossover?
-Rears (Paradigm ADP not sure what one, most likely studio) Crossover?

As for the Subs, I will most likely buy other sub(or subs) down the road but I figured $300 each for subs that retail for $1100(after reading hear, I now realize that the reatil does not mean a thing when it comes to Monster) it would give me something to listen to for a few months? As for the Y cable, I was going to do that but it says to run into the first sub, select 2 subs on the back panel and run from the output of the first sub to the 2nd one?

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Run Audyssey first and report the results. The AVR will set the crossovers based on Audyssey's measurements. We can help you from there.

Follow Monster's manual. With most subs, this is a bad idea, but they must have a passthru of some sort.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I would also run a splitter for the subs and after running Audyssey go back and check the speakers distances and do not be afraid to make fine adjustments.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I would also run a splitter for the subs and after running Audyssey go back and check the speakers distances and do not be afraid to make fine adjustments.
Dave, do you realize this thread is over 11 years old?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
:mellow: So much going on with work and other things plus covid now I guess I have a bad habit now of not looking first.

Wow I really need to pay better attention don't I! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks