What's new

New X-box magazine-the next issue big news (1 Viewer)

David Glenn

Second Unit
I'm guessing the big news will be confirmation that HL2 will be released very close if not simultaneously with the PC version. Didn't I read some where in the issue that production of HL2 for the xbox has been in the works for quite some time and that they are as far into development as the PC version.

BTW, It was nice to demo SOF & one of the new GR maps. The "Armed and Dangerous" IGV looked hilarious.

As stale as the graphics seemed on SOF, I can see how the Live multiplayer would be a lot of fun. I think I'll pick it up next week at BB for $35.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
As much as I would love it to be hosted servers for X-Box Live games I don't think that is going to be it. Not enough casual X-Box owners would find interest in that as say something like Splinter Cell 2. If the announcement is Halo 2 before christmas I would crap myself.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Since the tagline was "WORLD EXCLUSIVE on the biggest xbox news since Halo 2", it's most likely not Halo 2.

-Dave

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I agree about hoping its not a rehash like GTA III or VIce city. If its another game like GTA online thats different.

But my hope is smaller x-box with

Bigger HD
Handle to carry it
Wireless controller that supports the communicator

is that too much to ask :)

Id get one of those in a heart beat

capt

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
It has to be a game. Let me rephrase that, I really hope it's a system seller quality game. I can do without wireless controllers, a smaller box and the rest of that stuff. My X Box (and the Gamecube, my only two consoles) have a layer of dust on them a few months thick because with the exception of a few multi player I've lost interest in gaming. I'd really like to play GTA or Halo II, X Box needs new and exciting software to breathe life back into it.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
My x-box gets played too much lately . guess its all the live playing

capt

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I think I'm also going to lean toward the Half Life 2 release date, as the "big news".

Just going out on a limb, I'm going to guess that it has nothing to do with hardware since they said it was the biggest news since Halo 2. I figure it must be some other game.

So, what could be as big a deal as Halo 2? Pretty much every article, magazine, quote from E3, I've read since E3, has the "holy trinity" as Doom 3, Halo 2 and Half Life 2. And, just my opinion, Half Life 2 was more impressive, from what videos I've seen, than Doom 3.

Those physics!!! Anyone EVER see lip synching like that? Talk about a step away from photo realistic characters. Add to that that Doom 3 isn't exactly new, big news. Half Life 2 literally came out of nowhere, stole the show at E3, and IS the new big news.

Perhaps HL2, Xbox version, is going to come out before the PC version? Possible. It's easier to develope for since everyone has the same config. Less debug time. Very similar architecture. It's possible. How do we know that they weren't developing the 2 versions at the exact same time? A couple months ago we didn't even know, for sure, that they were even developing it at all!

Guess we'll find out next month?

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Half Life 2 would be pretty nice. Hopefully they'll also include the first Half Life along with it, since it would be so easy to port it to the Xbox.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Perfect Dark 2

...Rare has been awfully quiet since joining the dark side. ;)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
We already know about Counterstrike.

No, this is going to be something hardware releated or a major development deal

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I'm laying 2 to 1 odds on Vice City, 3 to 1 odds on Half Life 2, and 5 to 1 odds on an smaller revision of the Xbox (no additional functions, just aesthetic).

If I were a gambling man, that is... :D

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks