What's new

New Wallace & Gromit dvd (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Who else is jazzed about this? I can't wait to listen to the commentary! One question though: commentary aside, are there any supplemental differences between this new release and the old one? The specs I've seen at various online retailers aren't clear on the matter. Should I keep the old release? Cheese!
------------------
sgon.jpg

"Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins - leave death to the professionals!"
"Mind if I use that line in my next Western?"

AaronK

Auditioning
I think Nick Park will do a commentary for all 3.
but I'm wondering If they'll have the full BBC documentary.
Anyone know?
[Edited last by AaronK on August 28, 2001 at 05:15 PM]

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I am keeping my old one just because.
Still, I am thrilled about the new one.
I remember about 8 months ago, people
over at the Aardman website sent me a
survey to find out what W&G fans wanted
on the new version of the DVD...I did metion
how the "partial documentary" seemed odd on
the old one, and why not put the whole thing
on there?
Of course, now I am just eager to hear
what is up with the next Nick Park feature
film!
:)
Mark

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I know the new disc has a commentary track but I really want to know if it will have the complete BBC doc. Anybody?
------------------
sgon.jpg

"Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins - leave death to the professionals!"
"Mind if I use that line in my next Western?"

DannyS

Second Unit
The hare and the tortoise has been put on indefinite hold. All crew have been made "temporarily" redundant and will be re-employed when a new script and storyboards have been finished. Aardman are scrapping it and starting from scratch. It is their amazing commitment to quality which has forced them into this. hats off to aardman
------------------
Panasonic TX-21M2T TV
Sony DVP 536
Old Panasonic Stereo! :)

Sten F

Second Unit
Some news about the 2005 release of Wallace & Gromit.

Universal Studios Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Wallace & Gromit in Three Amazing Adventures for 20th September 2005 priced at $19.99 SRP. Released prior to Wallace & Gromit’s first theatrical outing this set includes the three original shorts A Grand Day Out, The Wrong Trousers and A Close Shave with extras including the never-before-seen on DVD Cracking Contraptions shorts featuring more of Wallace’s zany inventions and the hilarious dilemmas they always create.

-- Source DVD Times

Doesn´t look like the "new" release will carry any commentaries. What a shame.

The Warner release must sure become a true collector´s item based on the above info.

Luckily, I have the Cracking Contraptions DVD on Region 2, which were only available exclusively in 2 stores in Great Britain.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully "Happy Birthday" will be restored on this edition. I understand it's not in the public domain but it's not "Stairway to Heaven" either and it's licensed for other productions all the time.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Sten,

I'm probably being optimistic, but it says "including" and not "excluding," and maybe they didn't think the re-do commentaries are worth mentioning, since none of the special features listed were on either the Fox of WB releases.

Just a thought.

-mw

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

They said on (I think) one of the Simpsons DVD commentaries that the tune can be used without paying for it as long as it is used in a "non-birthday context". (So they would have to pay in the case of W&G.)

Sten F

Second Unit
Let´s just hope they will do a proper release this time combining both the Fox & Warner bonus features. Most importantly, they´ll make it Anamorphic Widescreen with DTS.

Just a wish.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks