What's new

New updated theater construction photos! (1 Viewer)

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
The latest photos are on Construction Photos-Page 7, 8, and 9!
My site:
Link Removed
Wes

Jens Raethel

Second Unit
Real Name
Jens
It looks great!
How long have you been working on the HT?
I really would like to get on your link page!
wink.gif

jens
------------------
See my theater Cinemax!
http://cine-max.tripod.com/cinemax/index.html
The Cinemax Home Theater
If you dare visit this site!!

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Very cool Wes! I've been hoping you would get the pictures up soon. I really like what you did with the ceiling.
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
I tell you it is sure nice to have it done to this stage. The theater is now done as far as I can afford at this point. The photos on the last construction page (9) is not as far as it is now. I have installed all the speakers except for five 10" woofs. I do have 13 separate speakers up and running. I absolutely love the DD EX and the (matrix) DTS ES. I am running 4 surrounds, 2 EX, 4 Front L/R two are my "EXS", one Center and 2 15" Subs. I am quite pleased with the results so far. I had originally planned to cover the walls with material but the funds went quickly at the end of the construction. Remember, I also finished two bedrooms at the same time.
My wife made the curtains for the screen wall. We build the mattes to be fully adjustable for all aspect ratios. This made a big difference in the room and makes the screen look incredible for a cheap $80. DIY screen job. I figure the theater being a DIY job from construction to equipping the room with audio, video and furniture has cost under $5000. total.
I hope to have the finished photos up next week. I hope to shoot them with a digital camera (all the photos on my web site are 35mm) with only the room lighting so the real feel and warmth of the room will come out. And also I will shoot some new screen shots of my 20 year old dino projector in action.
Wes

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
Wes -
I am very interested on how your are hooking up all your surrounds and this "pro steering" thingy. Could you please post some details? I am thinking about doing something like that too.
Thanks,
Jeff

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
This "pro steering" thingy happens to be a high tech audionical break through!
rolleyes.gif
(how come audionical is not the spell check system?
wink.gif
)
No really its my way of playing around with spreading frequencies out to achieve better steering of the imaging. For instance the front pair of side L/R are driven off the front L/R channels to pull the L/R imaging a TRUE Left and Right effect but still maintaining a good front stage by having these only midrange. With two rows of seating I wanted a wall of sound instead of a easily pinpointed surround source. So I pull the L/R surrounds by having the mid and tweet just behind the front row and a mid only behind the second row. I also have two EX speakers that is no new thing although all my speakers are around ear level so my surround stage does not jump up to the ceiling. My system is totally isometrical, with the exceptions of the different reflections I would receive from my media storage and equipment area. And also all my speakers are 100% matched DIY.
I am not totally done with this system but so far I am pretty pleased with the set up.
Wes
[Edited last by Wes on October 17, 2001 at 08:00 PM]
[Edited last by Wes on October 17, 2001 at 08:01 PM]
[Edited last by Wes on October 17, 2001 at 08:02 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks