New under-$20 TV on DVD display at Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Julio Diaz, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Julio Diaz

Julio Diaz Stunt Coordinator

Was at the local Wally World tonight and I see they've changed their standard TV on DVD endcap to feature all titles under $20, including several that had significant price droppage. Titles included Futurama Seasons 1 and 2, Cheers seasons 1 and 2, Frasier seasons 1 and 2, Tru Calling seasons 1 and 2, Hill Street Blues season 1, Without a Trace season 1, Roseanne season 1, Mad TV season 1, That 70's Show seasons 1-3, Knight Rider seasons 1 and 2 and many others.

2. Bob Hug

Bob Hug Screenwriter

Thanks for posting this, Julio. I've been thinking about "Hill Street Blues" for some time and will probably pick it up at this price. I was surprised that Wal-Mart offered "The Big Valley," season 1 for $19.96 on the day it was released. Initially, I thought it may have been a price mistake, but they are still offering it at that price at the two stores in my area. I wonder if this is a permanent price reduction on these titles or just a special sale?

3. michael_ks

michael_ks Screenwriter

Bob, be sure to clue us vintage fans in on any shows you happen to spot that are pre-1974!

4. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I saw NYPD Blue Season One and Season Two in there as well.

5. Bob Hug

Bob Hug Screenwriter

"The Big Valley" was the oldest set that I saw and the only one from the 1960s that I recall seeing. I did see the first two seasons of M*A*S*H but, if my memory serves me correct, pretty much everything else was from the 1980s on up. Surprisingly, it was a mix of different studios. I saw some selections from Fox, Paramount, Warner and, I think, Universal (Knight Rider?), and even Sony. I went into the store looking to see if they had "Cheyenne," but didn't see it there (nor "F-Troop"), but they did have "Wild Wild West" for around $37+ and you can do better at DDD on that title. While I didn't see too much that I was interested in, it certainly bodes well for the prices of sets coming down. I'm still amazed that Wal-Mart hasn't changed the price (up) for "Big Valley," the bargain of the year (so far) for brand new releases.

6. michael_ks

michael_ks Screenwriter

It's been the greatest bargain for me since I began this hobby. Thanks for the detailed information--I wasn't counting on "Naked City" Sets 2-3 showing up at a reduced price, but you never know.

7. Albert_M

Albert_M Supporting Actor

While not under $20, I Picked up Simpsons S7 for $21 and change yesterday... they also had S6 as well....