What's new

new to this, not sure what i want (2 Viewers)

Albert Noel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Noel
i've been watching everything on a rather small 27inch zenith CRT. it's like watching a movie in a fish bowl.

i'm after a nice RPTV but i just don't know what i should go with. my dvd player has a progressive scan output and i would like to use it. i would also like to have a 16x9 set.

i've narrowed it down to toshiba 42HDX82 wich comes in at just a hair over $2900 canadian or a sony KP-53V90 which i believe is around $2500 canadian.

now, i don't need a 53inch tv and i would prefer a 16:9 set thats HDTV ready, but the sony is so muc more attractive due to the price.

are there any other RPTV's out there in that $2500 area (cdn) that will have the features i'm looking for?

(brands are sort of limited to me as i live in a smaller city)

Don

Second Unit
try looking at the panasonic wide screens they have a 47 inch model that is rather well liked might also want to get the protective shield to for it. Don,

Albert Noel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Noel
i jsut took a look over at the panasonic website. the PT47WX42 look slike it might be a good 16x9 set

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Albert,
About a year ago I switched from an analog 53" set comparable to the Sony V90 to a widescreen HD capable model.

The improvement in picture quality for dvd is more than worth the extra money you would pay for the Tosh or Panny widescreen over the Sony analog--way more than worth it.

Albert Noel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Noel
i really like the toshiba, it's got some great features. but i'm going to have to let my eyes open my wallet on this one.

it was also suggested from a co-worker that i look into pioneer. but i'vew heard they are a little bit more pricey than what they are worth

Adam Portrais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Portrais
It's not huge but the pictue is great on a RCA 38" widescreen and best of all it's tube so there is no picture loss due to being a rptv and it's not HDTV upgradeable it's already built in. I first saw this tv in a Best Buy running The Matrix and I almost crapped myself. It's not flat screen but you can hardly tell it isn't. It's one of the best tv's I've seen that's around the $2800 area and is tube. I usually stay away from RCA but I gotta tell ya this has got to been seen. (Is it bad that I'm ashamed to promote an RCA product? Even if it's really good?)

Adam Portrais

Don

Second Unit
theres nothing wrong with RCA RCA has done a lot of stuff and introductions of things. Don,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks