What's new

Looking for new LCD (1 Viewer)

blueswitch

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Hi all, new to the forums. I'm considering purchasing a new TV and was trying to get some opinions. I'm looking at LED LCD set's mainly because I live at 7,700ft and I'm worried about plasma buzz. Also I'm a renter so I still move places and having less bulk on the set would be nice. Also my current living room is pretty sunny, we have a CRT in there now so I'm used to dealing with glare but supposedly LCD's are better with glare than Plasma's.

The last TV I bought was a 26" Samsung LCD for my bedroom (60hz). Overall I like the TV but two things stick out to me and thats flashlighting and viewing angles. So I want those two things to be minimal if I buy a new set.

I'm not familiar with LED sets other than what I have read, the closest Bestbuy is 2 hours away so it's hard to go see sets in person.

I'm strongly looking at the Sony KDL46NX810. It's edge lit but still has local dimming does anyone have any feelings on this set? I'm having trouble finding reviews for it....or can recomend another set? I'm also confused on how I feel about refresh rates. This one is 240hz...I'm used to seeing 60hz on my set...I've heard 120hz+ can make motion seem weird...we do watch a lot of sports in my house though.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
If you don't like the look of the 120 hz or 240 hz, you can turn it off. The current issue of Consumer Reports(March) is their annual TV issue. You should check that out also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks