What's new

new sharp lcd question on res (1 Viewer)

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
i don't understand your question. It is a native 1080p panel, so yes other resolutions need to be scaled to that resolution.

Tony Du

Auditioning
I thought I remembered reading somewhere that it was only a 1080i screen and some people were false advertising it saying it was 1080p or something like that. sorry :)

John S

Senior HTF Member
On digital displays there can be no intlerlaced video as far as screen output goes anyways.

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
All LCD, DLP, LCos, and Plasma screens are progressive (aka non-interlaced).

1080p (@60 fps) material (requiring and going into a 1080p input jack behind the TV) should be displayed on a 1080 LCD as true resolution, all other input must be digitally upconverted which the TV will do for you although not necessarily superbly.

There is no 1080p@60 material generally available to the consumer. The only way the consumer would come into contact with 1080p video signals is when purchasing and using an external scaler (e.g. Faroudja DVP1080, Lumagen HDP, scalers with Realta chipset) in an attempt to bypass mediocre upconversion inside a TV.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/viddoubl.htm

Mike Milillo

Stunt Coordinator
how far off are broadcasters from broadcasting 1080p signals to the consumer?

Do you guys feel that 720p sets are outdated now, or is it that 1080p sets are cutting edge and are still ahead of their time and usefulness?

The extra money is a lot to pay, is it a mistake to not go with 1080p for a new purchase?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks