What's new

New Rollar Coaster at Cedar Point (120mph) (1 Viewer)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
120 mph., unbelievable. I saw this in the early stages of construction last fall.

I can't imagine any coaster moving faster - or rising higher - than the Millennium.

Jon

Cam S

Screenwriter
120 mph, that is crazy!!! It's hard to believe that the coaster is the 16th built in that park!!

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
They are really squeezing them in there. I guess if they ever need more room they could tear down that headache machine, um, now I can't think of the name of it. The big wood one. Not the Gemini, that is a classic. Oh well.

Brandon

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Brandon, you're probably thinking of Mean Streak.

For the record, this ride looks cool, but a little short-you launch, come down, and that's it. One of the things I liked about MF is that it was actually a LONG coaster-not just a single drop.

But, I'll be making another trip out all the same. Wonder whether they'll put in a fastlane for it right off the bat?

KyleS

Screenwriter
Looks like a great ride and a good twist putting it as a coaster vs a shuttle car like Superman. I hope that I will get the opportunity to go and ride this one when I get back to my other office in Indiana fall of this year.

On the downside I cant say that I was that impressed with Cedar Point when I went there last fall. The rides needed some serious maintenance. A lot of them including the Magnum XL were extremely rough. Millennium force was awesome, as was the Wicked Twister.

KyleS

Brett_H

Second Unit
I hope they have a wet-nap dispenser at the end of that one for all the people that drop a load in their pants while riding!

Seriously, that thing looks like it'll be one helluva ride, even if it is only 30 seconds long (give or take). I'm sure it will probably set another record: longest wait time to ride time ratio! I can imagine waiting two+ hours for a 30 second ride...

We didn't make it to CP last year, I think this beast should draw us back this summer.

-Brett.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
I hope they have a wet-nap dispenser at the end of that one for all the people that drop a load in their pants while riding!
Better yet, someone should set up a "Pants" concession at the exit point of the ride. You could make a killing selling underwear, shorts and pants!
How soon before someone is killed when a mosquito smashes through their forehead on one of these rides?! ;)
Sorry, but no matter how fast or how high, I will not wait 2+ hours in line for any ride. Guess I'm becoming the "grumpy old man" at 32!

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
I've never been a big fan of these magnetic lauch/quick ride roller coasters. I would have prefered a loooong climb up to the top of the 400 + foot hill and then an amazing drop. It sounds like the big hill will go by just too fast.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
On the downside I cant say that I was that impressed with Cedar Point when I went there last fall. The rides needed some serious maintenance. A lot of them including the Magnum XL were extremely rough
I agree to a point. The Magnum is nearing 20 yrs old and the Gemini is much older than that. I thought the Magnum looked really faded last year. It is still a good time.

Quick story.

Last summer my wife and I and two of our friends made our annual trek to Cedar Point. One of my wife's favorite ride is the Power Tower. For those unfamiliar, it is a 24 story tower that either shoots you up from the bottom or takes you slowly to the top and pushes you down. We always enjoy going on the down one as it seems more intense during the slow ride to the top, then you sit up there for 10 sec. with your feet dangling freely, then they drop you.

So we get on the ride and start the slow ride up. Once we get to the top, 10 seconds pass and we are ready for the fall, then 20, then 30. At this point we start freaking out cause you can always feel the whole thing sway, and that just adds to it. Next they slowly lower us to almost the bottom, about 10 feet above the ground, don't say anything to us, then send us back up again. We were really psyched out at this point. The ride continues as normal and we finally get dropped and then we get off. Come to find out, one of the employees spotted some guy at the top trying to take a picture so they lowered us down to make him give up the camera.

After that experience I didn't go on it for the rest of the day. Funny looking back on it, but I was about ready to drop a load up there :b

Brandon

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Took my wife 3 or 4 years ago, she had only been to Dismal Land so she was not prepared for real rides.
I think it was the Magnum that we got one 1st, and she just about freaked on that one.
I took her to "Beerland" and she was much better after that!
I Love Cedar Point!

Michael*K

Screenwriter
The Magnum is nearing 20 yrs old
Actually opened in 1989.
This ride looks like a simple trip up and down like the newer LIM shuttle rides. At least the ride that it's copied from, the Xcelerator at Knott's Berry Farm in CA has several nice high speed turns after the initial ascent and descent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks