What's new

New R2 Laurel and Hardy coming from Vision Video (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
We all know that Laurel and Hardy films are not well represented in the States.

Thanks to a heads up from a L&H fan in the U.K. it can now be reported that a new 21 DVD set has been finally announced for release May 3 from Vision Video (which I believe is Universal in England). The British price is apparently going to be 176 pounds which at current exchange rates (ugh) is about $330 give or take a few bucks.

No word on what the extras will be but from what I've read and been told via e-mail from one of the Sons of the Desert tents, the DVDs will be arranged thematically and contain both the colorized and B&W versions of various shorts and features. Where available, "extended" versions of films such as "Laughing Gravy" and "Pardon Us" (which have usually been available in truncated form only in the past) will be included.

Most importantly to me, the B&W versions will be the excellent restored transfers that were used for the German sets.

Alas, "Hats Off" is not included (but there's always hope) :).

Steve

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
I heard something about this and was able to snap of some of the last remaining Vision discs, of Way Out West and Sons Of The Desert, for about 9 GBP ea., and expect them over the next week or two. It would be a very cool prize to get the new box set, but that's damned expensive. Hopefully some choice singles will be available at some point as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks