New Mech Assault DLC!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Oscar Saenz, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Oscar Saenz

Oscar Saenz Stunt Coordinator

I just heard (and confirmed via a quick visit to the xbox.com forums) that three new maps and three new game types are now available to download for Mech Assault. One of the new maps in exclusive to CTF. Also, two of the new game types are specifically for smaller mechs.[​IMG]

All my practice in the Vulture has not been in vain![​IMG]

2. Ben Seibert

Ben Seibert Stunt Coordinator

I guess the gametypes are part of the automatic patch, right? I only saw the three maps in the DLC section.

3. Oscar Saenz

Oscar Saenz Stunt Coordinator

Good question. I won't know until lunch when I can go home and see for myself.

4. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle

5. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Well ill tell ya what. we are all getting our moneys worth with Mech Assault. This definatly means we are gonna have a Mech Tourney in the next few weeks

Ok everyone here are the new game types(DL in the patch) and maps

New Maps
    Demolition -Cool Looking city where fighting in close quarters is the norm(playable in all modes but CTF)
    Rock Solid -Takes place on a unstable asteroid(playable in all modes but CTF)
    Jotenleim-The new capture the flag map. I havent really checked it out yet. Looks cool though (playable only in CTF)

New Modes
    Scout Match and Team Scout Match -Like destruction but only for light mechs(only playable with Demolition and Rock Solid)
    Skirmish and Team Skirmish -Like Destruction but only for light and medium mechs(only playable with Demolition and Rock Solod)
    Giant Killers -Like Not It except only one person is a giant mech. Everyone else is a Elemental. Once a elemental kills the giant that person becomes the giant and so on. (I believe once again only playable with Demolition and Rock solid)