What's new

New Killswitch Engage Album... (1 Viewer)

Alan Erceg

Stunt Coordinator
I happened to get an advanced copy of this...and it is absolutley amazing...

Fans who though that Howard might not be able to pick up where Jesse left off...will be in for a suprise, Howard does everything Jesse did and more.

A Brutal album from beginning to end...

Highly Recommended...

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I'd never heard of these guys before until I was talking with my older brother. A friend of his from high school (who used to be in the same band as my brother), Justin Foley, is actually the new drummer for the band. I always remembered him being a really good drummer so I'm glad to see he's having success with his music career.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Alan, I'm really excited to hear that you like it! I absolutely cannot what to hear it. Also, how in the world did you get an advance copy of that album?!

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Got your PM. Thanks for the information, however, I found it already... ;)

Here are my thoughts on the album. I only need two words to describe it...

FUCKING INCREDIBLE!!!!

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Seriously, this is one of the greatest albums I have ever heard in my entire life. I can't choose a favorite song off this album, because they are all so damn amazing! I especially like the songs in which they start heavy, then drift into a really slow and beautiful part, and then bounce back into heavy territory.

I hate to admit it, but I think Howard Jones has really made this band much greater. Jesse was a great vocalist, but Howard is just a little better, in my opinion.

By the way, did you notice that Jesse shows up in two songs? He's in Take This Oath (Track 7) and Irreversal (Track 13).

Damn, I think KSE has already clinched the #1 spot on my top albums of 2004 list!

Alan, have you heard any of the stuff from Howard's old band, Blood Has Been Shed? I also highly recommend checking them out, especially their latest album, Spirals.

Alan Erceg

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah Im a big fan of BHBS and Howard in general. I agree with you, I liked Jesse, but Howard just brings more to the band...and like you said Its a fucking amazing album...one of the best of 2004...

Joe McCabe

Second Unit
I have searched high and low for a place to listen to this disc, if anyone would like to point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

I wasn't convinced of Howard's abilities, until I heard the redone Fixation On The Darkness. It just seemed a bit stronger with his vocals.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Just in case any of you care, Best Buy is going to have the new album next week for only $8! It's DEFINITELY worth the purchase!

Alan Erceg

Stunt Coordinator
Opeth and Killswitch Engage are two completeley different types of music and different sounding bands...you cant compare them to one another...but that was a bit of a thread fart...

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Rich, I like Opeth too, but as Alan said, you just can't compare these two bands. They are different in almost every single way. It's almost like comparing Slayer to Biohazard. And yes, it was absolutely a thread fart.

Anyways, I look forward to getting it on Tuesday!

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Just listened to this yesterday. I like it, but to me after 4 or 5 songs the vocals and songs start to sound the same. I've only heard their previous record once so I wouldn't consider myself a KSE expert, but that's my opinion. The singer does have a great clean voice, but I think he sings very similar melodies on all the songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks