new edition of MEET THE FEEBLES?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Vic Cordova, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Vic Cordova

Vic Cordova Agent

2. JonBoriss

JonBoriss Stunt Coordinator

I think it might just be a re-release, but I have been hearing about Anchor Bay doing a Special Edition but they have been waiting for Jackson to finish with LOTR so he can participate.

3. Prentice Cotham

Prentice Cotham Supporting Actor

I think that is the same crappy transfer that you have. I had the pictured DVD and it sucked. Anchor Bay is *supposed* to come out with a new edition this year, but with them being sold...well, who knows.

4. Charlie O.

Charlie O. Supporting Actor

Anchor Bay wanted to do a release of "Meet the Feebles" back when they were putting out Jackson's "Bad Taste but apparently Dead Alive Home Video had exclusive rights to it in Region 1. The Dead Alive print is the version Amazon is selling. Its complete full screen crap with no extras and uses the same transfer from the god only know how old it is now VHS copy. Don't bother with it.

5. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

So is there no chance whatsoever that this will get a better transfer from a better DVD house?

6. Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck Screenwriter

I had not heard that Dead Alive had squashed a FEEBLES upgrade; I had understood that Jackson and AB willingly (and temporarily) yanked it because he was too busy at the time to supervise it as he had BAD TASTE.

Dead Alive likely still has rights for the time being that they got from the defunct Greycat Films, which had released it theatrically. They also got Rafal Zielinski's FUN with Alicia Witt, another Greycat title. But at one time, Greycat also handled BAD TASTE, which of course AB did get, so perhaps the FEEBLES rights need more time to expire before they can proceed.

7. CameronMcC

CameronMcC Second Unit

Jackson has expressed desire to do special editions for his earlier films...it will happen...just takes time.

8. walter o

walter o Supporting Actor

link states jef films, if you are not unaware, they are amajor grey market dealer who somehow always manage to get their discs in amazon.