What's new

New Denon DVD player - Supposedly no bug... (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Apparently, the Denon DVM-4800 will very likely be the same chip that the Panny RP91 uses...a next generation Genesis chip that allows aspect stretching and NO Chroma bug. It should be out mid-September. I'm not crazy about the 5-disc changer though. Oh well, you can't have it all!
Here's the link...
http://www.denon.com/catalog/pdfs/DVM48003Final.pdf
(Thanks to Kukubirdz for the info)

Tim_S

Stunt Coordinator
I am fine with 5 disc changers as they are useful for generating background CD music, but what I don't understand is the point of a 5 disc player without a legitimate randomization feature that randomly shuffles between discs! That is the only reason to buy one!
From the brochure. . .
"Random Play is possible with CD and DVD-Audio discs, playing one disc at a time. For example, if a CD is loaded in Tray 1 and a DVD-Audio disc is in Tray 2 and Tray 2 is random selected first, Random Play plays all the tracks of that disc at random. When it finishes Tray 2, it random plays the disc in Tray 1."

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
pricing?
------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Link Removed (sorry, car guy)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
John,
I haven't heard anything yet, but I will keep my eyes open...
It actually says, "Tentative" at the top of the page so we'll see what develops.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks