New Coca-Cola flavors...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jason Adams, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Jason Adams

Jason Adams Supporting Actor

Roger Jason Adams
    I just finished taking an online survey, and it turned out to be from Coca Cola, and new flavor that I would be interested in. Check out this list...its quite wild.

The Latte flavor floored me.

2. Ray Chuang

Ray Chuang Screenwriter

I'll take none of them. [​IMG] This is because I HATED Vanilla Coke and Coca-Cola doesn't seem to know how to do a decent flavored cola, unlike Pepsi, who has done a very good job with Pepsi Twist, Pepsi Vanilla and last year's Pepsi Holiday Spice. [​IMG]

3. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

That was one of the worst things I have ever tasted, now I do like wild cherry pepsi. Vanilla Coke to me is good only when nearly frozen.

4. Jason Adams

Jason Adams Supporting Actor

Roger Jason Adams
    The only flavored cola I love is Cherry Pepsi. I can't get enough of it. [​IMG]

5. Dennis*G

Dennis*G Supporting Actor

If ever in Atlanta, goto the Coke museum, they have every flavor of coke from around the world and you would be amazed at some of them.

6. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
    Las Vegas used to have a Coke Museum type of place on the Strip, too. I think it's still there, but they may charge you to try the flavors from around the world now. It WAS very weird indeed.

7. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

I'd try this, I'd also probably try orange, but then that shouldn't come as a shock as I'm a big fan of coke w/lime.

8. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    I do enjoy Cherry Coke, but agree with the above, Pepsi Holiday Spice is freaking terrible. The first time I had any, the thought that came to my mind was "ipecac"

Vanilla Coke (the fountain) is pretty good, far better then you'd think; Vanilla Coke (can) is "eh"

My kids love the Coke /w Lime.

Cherry Spice Pibb Extra, which only sometimes seems to come around is a real winner

9. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer

Alfie
    Holiday Spice was the most vile soda I've ever tasted.. YUK!![​IMG]

10. Adam Barratt

Adam Barratt Cinematographer

Adam

We have raspberry Coke here in New Zealand, but I can't say it does anything for me. Tastes a bit like carbonated cough syrup. Straight Coke or Cherry Coke are much nicer (although Cherry Coke isn't sold here anymore) IMO. Vanilla Coke is a little too 'thick' for my taste, but lemon and lime aren't bad.

Adam

11. Craig Beam

Craig Beam Screenwriter

Craig Beam
    I'm a lifelong diehard Coke fan. Seriously, I will actually get into arguments over the merits of Coke versus Pepsi.

However....

Wild Cherry Pepsi absolutely kicks Cherry Coke's ass. I hate to admit it, but it's true. I cannot stand regular Pepsi, nor can I stomach lime or vanilla Coke. I'd love Lemon Coke (I sometimes squeeze a lemon into my regular Coke), but as far as I know they only make a diet version.

Oh yeah, and a big HELL YEAH regarding the wretchedness of Holiday Spice Pepsi. Seriously, I'd rather eat my own ass. [​IMG]

12. Ray Chuang

Ray Chuang Screenwriter

I'm disappointed that so many people disliked Pepsi Holiday Spice. [​IMG]

Yes, the taste is a bit acquired, but at least Pepsi didn't overdo the taste like what Coca-Cola did with Vanilla Coke. [​IMG]

13. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

I really like cherry sodas, didn't care for vanilla, hate lemon & lime. I also liked CrystalPepsi, damn them for stopping production.

Of the above listed flavors I'd like: Cinnamon, ginger, apple, and maybe latte. I have no idea what tamarind, kalamansi, or black currant even are [​IMG]

14. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

The only problem I would have with Tamarind, Bitter Lemon/Orange is that Coke by itself is pretty acidy already, and all of these fruits are pretty acidic as well...might be reflux in a bottle.

Garrett - Tamarind is a citrusy fruit that grows on trees and looks something like an oversize brown peapod. Some grocery stores in the US (I know Kroger does) sell a Tamarindo soda, its not bad. Kinda reminds me of a citrusy Nestea.

15. Mark Sherman

Mark Sherman Supporting Actor

That has to be one of the funniest things I have read. [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

I have to give some love here for Pepsi Holiday Spice. It was not a overpowering taste. They did a great job of giving a hint of cinnamon.

Paul

17. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    For those of you in other countries, do your Cokes and Pepsis still use real sugar instead of corn syrup? I understand that is the case in Mexico, and I'd be interested to know how it is elsewhere.

I hated the Pepsi Holiday Spice, but my sister loved it. I gravitate more towards Coke generally, but I do like fountain Pepsi. If you get a fountain Pepsi that comes out mostly water with stripes of syrup, it's generally excellent. Though, the same is true for Coke.

18. Adam Barratt

Adam Barratt Cinematographer

Adam
    Coke still uses sugar or SPLENDA here in New Zealand; I'm not sure about Pepsi (but Pepsi Max does use Aspartame). My favourite cola, Royal Crown Draft Premium Cola (which is, hands down, the best cola I've ever tasted. And the most expensive.) contains cane sugar.

Adam

19. Bill_D

Bill_D Supporting Actor

Not to distract but I am currently a fiend for the Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.

20. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Supporting Actor

I LOVE & am totally addicted to Vanilla Coke. I am looking at the 1/6/06 discontinuation date with the same horror Elaine Benes faced when she had to determine "spongeworthiness"![​IMG]