What's new

New BATMAN film to be directed by Ben Affleck (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Is he going to be able to actually let go, or will he be constantly butting heads with whoever they hire to direct?

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
As long as it's not Snyder directing, I'd like to see others direct these movies. i'm a bit disappointed that Affleck is out but I understand. Matt Reeves could be a good choice.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
They'll certainly make more than one Batflick with Affleck starring. Who's to say he won't direct another one?

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I hope they maintain SOME continuity of style regardless of who directs. I hate to see someone coming and and deciding s/he needs to make his/her mark and ruining any congruity.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
As long as we're indulging in flights of fancy here, my vote goes to Jennifer Kent.

I don't view Fincher as total "flight of fancy" territory.

Not saying he'll do it, of course, but a) he's apparently between films right now, as I see nothing firm listed on IMDB, and b) he's worked with Affleck recently.

I think those factors make it more of a possibility than other "flights of fancy"! :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
A Fincher Batman movie would be interesting but I don't see him staying on for future sequels of the Batman franchise.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I don't view Fincher as total "flight of fancy" territory.

Not saying he'll do it, of course, but a) he's apparently between films right now, as I see nothing firm listed on IMDB, and b) he's worked with Affleck recently.

I think those factors make it more of a possibility than other "flights of fancy"! :)

Possibly, but it ain't gonna happen. ;)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
My concern is that Ben has said this in the recent past:

"If it doesn’t come together in a way I think is really great I’m not going to do it."

And now he's not doing it.

My hope is that he stepped down because he truly felt like it was too much to carry on his own and not that he didn't think what they had was working.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
And now Batman is starting from scratch.

http://collider.com/the-batman-new-script-release-date/#images

"Like with pretty much all of its DCEU movies, Warner Bros. isn’t having an easy time with The Batman. At the end of January, Ben Affleck decided he would not direct the superhero film, although he remains on board to star and produce. For months, Affleck said they were struggling to get the story right, and it looks like they never reached that point. Now Warner Bros. is throwing out the script as they look to hire a new director (Matt Reeves is reportedly the frontrunner at this point) to guide the creative vision of the film going forward."

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Is the dysfunction with Warner Bros or DC? They seem to have an extremely difficult time getting these movies made, while Marvel remains in high gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks