What's new

Neverwinter Nights has gone gold! (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
YES!! Finally! Should be out next week. I can finally test all these damn scripts I created in the beta toolset.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
And the world shall end....

Why must they release this game when I have NO MONEY!!!!

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I'm hoping this still meets Electronics Boutique's ship date of 6/18 (in-store 6/19) but I think it is doubtful. It seems that most games usually take about two weeks to get to stores after the gold announcement is released online. This is not to say it is impossible - I think Diablo 2 may have had a quick turnaround. And perhaps the best evidence that we may have a little longer wait than that is in the wording of the announcement itself. If I remember reading correctly on Gamespot, the release mentions that NWN should be in stores by the end of June.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
It seems that most games usually take about two weeks to get to stores after the gold announcement is released online.
It's not that busy right now, so it probably won't take that long. GTA3 was in stores less than a week after the gold announcement.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I recall Baldur's Gate 2 being available the a day or two after it went gold.
When someone gets it, LET US HEAR ABOUT IT! :D

JohnE

Supporting Actor
All I know is I am going to be calling in sick for a few days. Again! For another game! Good thing I have lots of sick leave.;)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
There's no way I can juggle this and Morrowind! :frowning:
I'll be doin' Bethesda's opus 'till later summer! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jon Teddlie

Stunt Coordinator
Is this going to be just like Baldurs Gate? I do enjoy that series but kind of want a different experience with this game, what do you guys think could you share some of the differences and similarities? Thanks.

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
It's a great game guys, you won't be disappointed.
To be fair I won't say more...That would be mean ;)
Dean

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Couple differences John:

-3rd Edition D&D rules were used to create this game. That means the huge amount of character cutomization such as multi-classing as well as the feats are included in the game.

-The game is of course now 3d, using the Aurora graphics engine (Advanced version of what was used for MDK2 I believe).

-This is not a party based game therefore it is VERY different than Baldurs Gate in how it plays. You only need to worry about one characters stats, spells, level..so forth and so on

-Neverwinter looks to revolutionize the roleplaying genre by including several things. The Aurora world builder. A comprehensive and powerful tool that the developers used themselves tomake the game. You will be able to create your own worlds. Even better you can take your new world and play with your friends online, either in the game themsleves or you can act as the dungeon master scripting the story along the way. Bioware hopes to make Neverwinter the closest thing to actual pen and paper D&D as possible.

John, if you havent already downloaded the beta of the toolset I urge you to do so. It is frighteningly powerful and lets you build a world to yourhearts content. You can script actions. Write all the dialogue for your characters..etc etc etc...

Thank god I have vacation time at work because I am taking 2-3 days for this game.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Is Black Isle still sticking with their plan to put the Windows, Mac and Linux versions of the game all in the same box? I sure hope so.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I have heard the name of this game over and over again, but have never seen it described. What game is it "like"?

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I don't think all three versions will be in the same box. I think I read somewhere, perhaps the Official Site the Mac version will ship in the fall. I could be wrong though.
EDIT: I was right. Macsoft is publishing the Mac version and it's slated for the fall. The press release is here.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
What is combat like? Is it one of those games where you select your attack, click on the bad guy, and you auto-attack until someone dies?

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks