What's new

Neverwinter Nights has gone gold! (1 Viewer)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Minimum requirements according to the box:

Pentiun 2-450 or AMD K6-450
96mb RAM
16mb TNT2-class video card

Minimum, accoding to real life: (estimated)
P3-850/Athlon 850
128mb RAM
32mb Geforce variant

I really couldn't see playing this on a 450mhz machine.
It'd be stick figures and black and white.
I really don't think the video card is the issue though - processor speed is the real bottleneck here.

What I'm looking for now is a mobo/cpu combo on the cheap. I'd guess something around the 1.2ghz would work fine.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
So, Romier, when can we expect to hear something about this server of yours?
The main persistent server? Not for awhile. The webite will be going up soon but we (myself and the others working on it) are still in the process of learning the scripting and getting the hang of things.
One thing that is good is that I am working on several modules that I plan to DM soon so when those are done (Which shouldn't be long since they dont require scripting:)) I'll throw up some details and we can all get together and play...

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I've whipped out a fairly large Hack and Slash adventure, I DMed it last night, and fixed a bunch of bugs. This game is quite nice :)
If anyones interested I'll be running it again tonight at 5pm CST, for characters in the range 3-6. I'll check back and see if anyone's interested. Or check this link for details:
Link Removed
Brian

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Ok, I'm over in London for another 2 weeks so I cant pick NW up yet. I havent really gotten a feel for this game yet, but I'm anxious to waste me money on it. How large of a role does D&D play in this game? How does NW compare to Diablo, same type deal? Whats up with character classes? How easy is the editor to use? I'm generally terrible with editor type stuff becuase I cant seem to get started right.
Thanks for the help...
Live from London,
JQ

Oscar_R

Second Unit
so i tried online over the weekend, and I have to say I was fairly dissapointed. Of the 7-8 servers I joined, all were just sitting aorund the first room killing each other. That's it. pretty idiotic if you ask me. I need to find a cool closed server. Paging Romier.

Ike

Screenwriter
Would someone that has not played an RPG for any extended amount of time, or D&D ever enjoy this? Is it hard to get into? What are some of the basic concepts behind it? Please forgive my newbiness.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Oscar,
Most nights now I'm running a server all about team play while defeating enemies. Eventually I'll work on a RPG, I'm also curious to see what Romier comes up with :)
I've had a good group of players the past few nights, sometimes I'll get a bad apple but not useally.
my server can always be found in the TEAM section of join an internet game and is called riteofascension
It should be up and running by about 6pm CST today (I really want a stable dedicated server so I can run it all the time)
Brian

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Mark,
Did you like the PVP story last week where Cole got all pissy that they didn't want to play his NWN campaign :)
Brian

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Ha, yeah, that was great Brian. I liked the follow-up where Brent was talking about playing WarCraft III on his Mac :laugh:
Brian, how're you running your games? Do you have a story-type arrangement where your teams go out and fight evil for some deep and personal reason (ie, gold), or do you just drop 'em into the pits and let them have at it? ;)
Grr, I have to rent this game and see if I can make it run decently on my comp or not. Me wantee, as they say...

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
My current game has you starting in a town where you can buy/sell items and head out to destory the evil lurking around town and in the great forest beyond.
Basically it's a hack and slash adventure for loot, xp and a good time.
I'm building a few hack and slash adventures before I dive into a real story based campaign. I intend to faithfully recreate an area of Fareun (the Forgotten Realms world) complete with server based (ie closed) characters.
My current module KillingFields is about 15 or so Areas in size and would take a single group of 4 mid lvl adventures about 4-5 hours to clear out.
I'm going to host it again tonight while I work on a brand new adventure. The editor is very powerfull, and I learned a lot just by DMing and Playing an adventure of my own design.
O and BTW lvl 20 chars are VERY nice in this game. I saw a lvl 20 monk and high lvl wiz whip out an entire group of vamprires and liches, and two of the liches were CR 27!!
Granted when they tried to fight an ancient black dragon (cr 25) it spanked em :)
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks