What's new

Never let your daughter step on your Proj. (1 Viewer)

Don_Goreham

Agent
Just some advice for anyone with a 3 year old and a PJ.

I decided to finally run my cables through the wall and attic instead of having them all over the floor. I placed the PJ on the recliner with my daughter's blanket on top. very stupid of me I might add!

I got the cables all ran and came back to set it up. I saw the PJ on the floor and my daughter with her blanket. she then ran towards me stepping on the PJ. I cringed.

It looked fine so I went ahead and set it up. Just last week I had everything set up on my HTPC and the desktop text was crystal clear. Now it had a some serious ghosting, almost like double text. I wasn't noticeable with a DVD or on the standalone player, but it bugged me that it was there.

the next couple of days we wathced some movies and the picture just seemed a little off. So I thought maybe the cables were next to a power line. I have this blow-in cellulose insulation in my ceiling, and I didn't check for power lines. Wouldn't you know it, but my cables were all snuggled up their entire run next to a power line.

I went and rerouted them and the picture is fine again.

another word of advice. Check for power lines when routing cable!

later,

Don

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
When I got my projector, that's when my worries were over with respect to the kids. I immediately hung it off the ceiling. Now I am on my second projector and could not be happier. I have 3 boys and a very long list of broken equipment and remotes as a result of the kids.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
This wouldn't have happened if you went DVI. :wink: Glad you fixed the problem. When people mess with my stuff it's usually permanent, which is why I get so protective.

Don_Goreham

Agent
You should see what my son did to my center channel's woofers with a permanent marker! No harm to the sound and thankfully I built them my self so I can easily replace them if needed.

The funny thing about the Pj is that it has been ceiling mounted for quite some time. the wires were never routed due to laziness. I needed to unmmout it due to my ladder hitting it when I was pulling the wire. This was something i can't really blame my daughter for. Now hitting the RPTV screen with any number of toys I can!

As for DVI this PJ will hopefully hold me over until HD-DVD hits and by then we may have some new ultra tech, need retinal scan to verify ownershiup of media, cable to work with.

later,

Don

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks