What's new

Netflix to start certifying 4K displays (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
Come this spring time, Netflix will start having a logo display on 4K/UHD displays that "certify" that the TV's meet a set of Netflix defined requirements. This logo / program will be dubbed "Netflix Recommended"

The requirements for the logo don't seem to be based at all on things that would be important to me (i.e. matching the REC 2020 color gamut, necessary controls to calibrate the display or better yet be able to calibrate in an automated fashion, contrast ratio, black level, etc.).

What they are specify is that the TV displays 4K -- ummm --, and be capable of giving users a high degree of ease of use in accessing the Netflix app by offering faster app launch time and faster playback of video content. Essentially if you can't see the blazing Netflix logo on the majority of TV's then something better will be coming to enabling a "high degree of ease of use".

Manufacturers that have already lined up at the door include Sharp, Vizio, Samsung and the makers of the upcoming Roku TV.

I don't know about you, but the Netflix Recommended logo won't be a purchasing decision for me.

How many others think this logo is a step in the right direction for getting a quality TV?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks