What's new

NETFLIX frustration (transferred thread) (1 Viewer)

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Mike,

Before I left Netflix I put the titles in my Blockbuster quene and never skipped a beat. ;) It also makes sense to cancel a day before they bill your next month because you have already paid for the previous month anyway. ;)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You mean, you put it in your queue, didn't move it to the top and they had the unmitigated gall to not leave a copy sitting in the warehouse just waiting to see if you would ever move it to the top of your queue? The bastards! They should be tarred and feathered. I would report them to your State Attorney General right this minute!!!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That happened to me once. What happened is the envelope got torn in transit and the part with your address was torn off. Then, the address showed up as the netFlix return address and it went back to them. Not really something you can blame Netflix for. the one time it happened to me, I actually got the cover sheet, but no envelope, and the disc went back to Netflix.

Tim L

Second Unit
i am seriously thinking of canceling and going to blockbuster or something-everytime my queue reads "very long wait" for any movie remotely newly released. Infact I waited for over a month-close to a month and half for march of the pequins and 4o year old virgin- and I still never recieved them- I had to take them out of my queue and borrow them from a friend-now again-I had munich as my number one pick- it went from available-to short wait.. to very long wait. this happens all the time- i am paying for 3 movies at a time- but it never happens that way. I am a big movie watcher and don't feel I have to place older movies that I have already seen in my queue just so I can get three movies..just venting. (sorry I posted in another thread as well)
Tim

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Tim,

Why not try Blockbuster with their two week free trail offer? I saw the Blockbuster offer on HTF's deal page dated 5/28/2006

Tim L

Second Unit
I think I might- the wife is also sick of the games-it really does seem that the service has dropped off from the beginning. I truly feel like a third rate customer lately-and try getting a hold of customer service..geesh.. forget it.
Tim

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
In another Netflix thread long ago I mentioned the "rental" discs that they were sending out, notably from Warner and its affiliates (New Line, etc.). There was small discussions about what the differences were and mainly how the number of discs in a boxed set (or TV show) differed from the amount of discs in a retail set.

Anyway, I just finished watching 16 Blocks then read some reviews on-line. They all mention there were about 20 minutes of deleted scenes and (correct me if I'm wrong) I don't remember the rental disc having deleted scenes!

My memory has been failing me lately (see my After Hours thread titled "Please help me name this movie/show") but I remember asking myself, "Is this all?" regarding extra features. My wife and I watched the alternate ending separately and that's it.

If I am correct, then these rental discs are not giving us what the retail discs have and that's disappointing.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
For my part, I haven't noticed any labeled rental discs that I've received that offered different content than the retail versions.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
There's at least one: The Butterfly Effect, which I mentioned in my "Netflix Rental Discs" thread. I forgot about that one when I asked about 16 Blocks. Of course, Netflix and the participating studios could have stopped doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks